Chapter 66

Chapter 66

April 4th, 5:01 pm

I probably wouldn't have survived that car ride without Lou. She didn't ask me any questions about why I was keeping this to myself, she just held my hand, and helped calm me.

"Are we going to get them ready?" She asked, helping me out of the car again. By them, she meant the four remaining boys that had a show to put on.

I nodded, too tense to talk.

"I can't believe this is happening," Lottie said.

I swallowed. "I don't want to see Niall," I said quietly, my voice shaking.

Once again, Lou respected my wishes.

"Lottie, why don't you and Alyssa go for a walk and then meet us back here right before the boys have to go onstage," Lou said. "I have to do my job, but as soon as I'm done, we can talk."

I knew that by "talking", she meant potentially bringing me to the hospital. Once Niall goes onstage, there's no place that I would rather be.

Lottie and I walked through all the different sets of hallways backstage, having to rest every few minutes when I had a contraction.

Lottie was very helpful, she timed each contraction and the time in between.

"That was about a minute, and there were four minutes in between," she said, giving me her hand to get up.

"He's coming," I said.

"This is unbelievable," she added. "I can't believe that he's almost here."

I let out a slight laugh. "I can't either."

"Aren't you a little bit worried about waiting until the last minute?" She asked politely, hinting at the obvious. She pushed a blonde strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, yeah," I said. She didn't ask any questions after that. I was doing what I knew I had to do.

We navigated through the winding hallways, and I knew it was only increasing my labor. Maybe it was a good thing.

My phone buzzed, and it was a text from Niall.

Niall: where r u?

"Is there a bathroom around here?" I asked, pausing for a break. All of a sudden, I just really had the urge to use the bathroom.

Lottie poked her head up and looked for a sign.

Then, I heard something that sounded like a snap, like a bone breaking. There was a gush of fluids, like I was wetting my pants, but I couldn't control it.

"Oh my god," I said, grabbing Lottie's hand. "Lottie, I think my water just broke." I started crying again, and for a second, I thought Lottie was going to cry too.

"We have to go find Lou," she said urgently. She led me back down the hallway as if we were retracing our steps. I tried to keep myself together, because if anybody saw me like this, they would send me to the hospital.

I started cracking up through my tears.

"Why are you laughing?" Lottie asked. She was so nervous that she was angry.

"We just left a puddle of my fluids over there on the floor," I said, crying even more.

"Oh my fucking god, who cares," she said, but I knew that she thought it was pretty funny too. I felt bad for the janitor who would have to clean that up.

"I need to change my pants," I said, still crying.

Lottie didn't even acknowledge me, she was too busy trying to find the dressing room.