Chapter 41

Chapter 41

"I'm so sorry, Lou," I said. 

"You have nothing to apologize for," she said, putting her hand in my hair. 

"I'm sorry for putting you in this situation and acting like such an idiot."

"I only want to help, and I'm honored that you trust me enough to include me," Lou began. "And you can get through this. Anybody in this situation would be under so much pressure, and I'm surprised you even made it this far."

I let out a faint laugh as I wiped the remaining tears from my face.

"Once you get through this part, you can get through anything," Lou said. I looked at her and smiled. She had a glimmer in her eye that was promising.

"Thanks so much," I said. "I really mean it, I don't know where I would be without you." She didn't heal me entirely, those thoughts would always lurk in my brain, but at least now I was able to admit to my feelings. 

"Lux and Caroline's daughter are waiting for me in another room with one of the other stylists. Do you want to meet them?" Lou asked. 

"Of course! I've always wanted to!" I said. 

She took my hand and led me back into the room that we just left. I wiped under my eyes, but I knew I looked like I felt- a mess. 

Some of the other stylists had left to go wherever they had to go. They had lives. Now it was just Caroline, Lottie, Lou, and Brooklyn and Lux. 

Lux came running to Lou's arms and Lou picked her up.

"This is Alyssa!" Lou said when she noticed Lux staring at me. "Look at her belly, she's having a baby!"

Lux reached for my stomach. Her eyes were wide in amazement. 

"Do you want to feel the baby?" I asked, moving closer so Lux could touch my stomach. "He's going to be your new friend."

I looked over and Brooklyn was waddling over to me too. She reached up to me, wanting to be picked up. I grabbed under her arms and lifted her up so she sat on my waist. She was a little heavy, but I could still hold her.

She was eye level with Lux now, and they were both feeling my stomach.

"Do you think you can be friends with him too?" I asked Brooklyn.

She nodded. "What's his name?"

I laughed to myself. "That's a secret for now, but I can tell you when he's born," I said.

"I can take her, Alyssa, if she's getting too heavy," Caroline said, walking over to me.

"I probably shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting," I said, passing Brooklyn off to Caroline.

"So, another baby for the 1D stylist team," Caroline said. "It's a boy, you said?"

"That's right," I said. "Lux, Brooklyn, and-" I stopped myself. I almost used his last name instead, but that was an even worse idea. "A baby boy."

"I'm sure he will fit right in," she continued. "You're going to take time off, right?"

"Yes," I said. "I'm not going to be able to be here for most of the European leg of the tour, but I'll be back at it when we're in America. I'm due in April."

"Well that's wonderful," Caroline said. "I'm so happy for you. Last time we saw you, I had no idea you were pregnant."

Would you really be happy for me when you found out that the father of my baby was Niall?