Chapter 86

Chapter 86

Before we knew it, we were back in New York at out apartment and it was almost time for the big announcement. 

It felt so good to be home again with Niall and Owen, sleeping in our own beds, eating out of our own kitchen, and walking on our own floors. I needed to go to the grocery store after being away for so long, and Niall stayed home with Owen for once. It was great.

We had my mom over for dinner one night and it felt so weird that this might be one of our last normal dinners together.

Niall cooked- like he did a lot of the time when he was home- and it was delicious as always. 

Owen seemed happy to be home too, he must have recognized it somehow. He must to be confused being all over the world everyday. But there's just something about home that is so comforting.

"Ready to wake up early for for Good Morning America?" I asked Niall as we got into bed early that night. 

"Of course I am," he said, pulling the covers over his bare chest. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. I know you love doing things for me, but if you want to rest at home, I would understand."

"It's not like I get any sleep anyway," I said, turning off the light and slipping under the covers. 

And I was right. Owen woke us up at 11pm and 1am, which was frustrating, but Niall got up both times and was able to feed him a little and Owen went right back to bed after being rocked back to sleep. 

I couldn't say the same for myself. I was up all night, thinking about how we were going to make our big announcement this week, and how much life would change. 

Of course, my life has changed so much in the last year that this was barely significant.

Niall and I both got out of bed before the sun had risen at a mere 3:30 in the morning to get to the studio in time for sound check. 

The car was going to come to pick Niall up at 4:30 to bring him to the studio for sound check, and Lou would come to pick me and Owen up a few minutes after that. 

We were always on the go, weren't we?

The funniest part was, Niall didn't complain once. I was always used to him whining about how tired he was, but now he didn't say anything. 

Maybe because just now he was realizing what exhaustion really was.

When Lou and I arrived, Lou went right to work on Liam's hair.

"Do you want me to start Niall's hair?" I asked. "I think I remember how to do it, if that would help."

"If you need to watch the baby you don't have to," Lou responded, opening a bag of combs, brushes and everything you would ever need for hair and makeup.

"He looks like he's good," I looked down at Owen, who was drifting off in his carrier. 

"Go to town," Lou said, handing me a hair drier, moose, and a comb.

I smiled back at her and then took the supplies into the room I knew that Niall was sitting in. 

I knocked on the door before turning the handle and walking inside. 

"I'm here to do your hair," I said excitedly, putting Owen's carrier on the floor next to Niall's chair. 

Niall was facing the mirror, and he could see my reflection without turning around. 

"What a treat," he said, smiling.

"This is just like old times," I giggled to myself. 

Niall's hair only took fifteen minutes tops, and then he had to go to sound check and I met back up with Lou.