Chapter 69

Chapter 69

Niall left the room to proclaim the good news, and my doctor checked on a few things before leaving me alone in the room with Owen.

It was so quiet. So peaceful.

It was probably past one in the morning by now, but I was so happy that I didn't even care. I was running on pure happiness. 

About ten minutes went by when I heard Niall whispering outside and saw the door handle turn. 

A bunch of familiar faces flooded in. Lou, Lottie, Mark and Harry. 

Their faces all lit up as soon as they saw the tiny baby in my arms. 

"Congratulations!" Lou said. 

"I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you, Lou," I said. She basically saved two lives in the past 24 hours.

I couldn't get over how angelic and calm they all seemed, just by looking at Owen.

"Are you going to tell us his name?" Harry said quietly, but still with force. 

Niall and I looked at each other and managed a laugh, pausing for dramatic effect, like right before the host announces the winner of an award show. "Meet Owen James Horan," Niall said. 

Their faces all lit up again.

"That's so cute!" Lottie said.

"I love it!" Lou said. "Good choice."

"I'm so happy for you," Mark said. It was a little weird having Mark here because I didn't know him that well, but he probably had to come for security reasons. 

"Does anybody want to hold him while you're here?" I offered. 

Lou was the first to hold him, and Lottie took some videos and pictures of us all. 

There was something so special about having a baby. Even the toughest of all people become so gentle, loving, and speak so softly.

"Lux will be so happy to meet him!" Lou said, gazing into Owen. Judging by how excited Lux was just to touch my stomach when I was pregnant, Lou was probably right. 

After everybody got a chance to hold Owen, they all went back home, leaving Niall and I at the hospital for the night to get some rest. 

Lottie had given me my phone back and I had gotten messages from Niall's family that they would be here to visit in the morning, and that my mom's flight would probably land in the afternoon.

There was no sign of any cameras or fans that had spotted us, and it seemed like everything was finally falling into place.

Niall slept on a small couch on the other side of the room (that was the only place he could sleep) and Owen slept right next to me in something that looked like a bin. 

I didn't get to sleep long. My doctor came in every few hours or so to check on me and Owen and run some tests. I didn't need rest right now, I was too happy.

I was notified at around 9 am that we had a visitor.

Niall helped me change my clothes, use the bathroom, and then he freshened up as well, just before we got the call.

There was a knock at the door, and it was the Ireland Fam.

That's my new name for them.

I was sitting back in bed talking with Niall when Maura, her husband Chris, Denise, Greg, Theo, and Bobby began to flood in.

"Hey guys!" I said when they all filed in the room. "He's over there." I motioned over to where Owen had been sleeping, and he was still quiet. 

Just like the last group of visitors, they were just as stunned.