Chapter 80

Chapter 80

"Do you want to come to the studio with me today?" Niall asked the next morning. 

"Is that even a question?" I asked. 

"We're just in the writing phase for the new album, but maybe you could help again," Niall said. I smiled. 

He didn't have to ask me twice. 

We were at the studio in an hour, Owen in tow with his carrier. I decided to give him a bottle, since I fed him earlier that morning/night and I always felt uncomfortable feeding in the car. 

"Are there going to be paps here?" I asked with hesitation as I felt the car slow down. The three of us were buckled in the back.

"I already called Julian, he says we're all set," Niall said. I sighed with relief. I had heard a lot about Julian and his talents. He finalized Night Changes and Niall had already informed him about our relationship and everything. 

I hadn't met him yet, but he was already family. 

The door opened for us, and I unbuckled Owen from his car seat and brought him out of the car. 

"I got the diaper bag," Niall said, pulling the bag out. He modeled it for me over his shoulder when I was all set. His sunglasses made it even better. 

"You look great," I said. "I think you should quit One Direction and become a diaper bag model." He giggled and swung it around to his hand. 

A security guard led us inside the building and opened the door for us. Niall slid his glasses over his hair and he led me through some doors. He seemed to know where he was going, this was all unfamiliar to me. 

"This is it," he said. "This is where the magic happens." Niall pointed to a door and then rested his hand on the handle.

He left it there for a second, just staring at the gray door, as if he was taking in the moment. 

"Open it dumbass," I said. "Have you ever opened a door before."

Niall chuckled and opened the door.

He opened the door to a dimly lit room with a couch and a man sitting at a computer with headphones on. 

Niall made some weird noise that sounded like an Irish mess between "hey" and "brudder" and Julian turned around. His face lit up and he took his headphones off. 

"Niall, what's up?" Julian said, getting up and giving Niall a hug. "You must be Alyssa!" Julian said, turning to me. "Congrats!"

Julian's eyes were drawn to the bundle in the carrier. "And this little guy..." he drifted off, bending down  to get a better look.

"Do you want to hold him?" I offered, putting the carrier on the ground, getting ready to unbuckle him.

"No thanks, it's okay," Julian responded, throwing a hand. "We've got some work to do right now, but maybe over dinner sometime." He laughed. 

I smiled and continued unbuckling Owen anyways. When he was awake, he couldn't stay still for long. I lifted him out and supported his back, letting him look around the room.

He could hold his head up now, and the world was so fascinating to him. I could tell by the way his eyes would light up and be drawn to something. 

Owen admired the flashing lights and computer screens by the recording equipment.

"Is that a One Direction onsie?" Julian asked in awe, eyeing Owen's outfit of the day. "I didn't even know they made those."

"You'd be surprised," I said, giggling. You could find One Direction toilet seat covers if you tried hard enough.