Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Lou and I talked for a while.

We didn't mention Niall or Melissa's name once, we just discussed how exciting it is to be so close to being a mother, something we both had in common.

I started to get more and more nervous as time went by. Eventually, it was time for the boys to go onstage, and Niall still hadn't come to talk to me.

As much as I tried to ignore it, I couldn't.

Lou must have been able to sense my uneasiness, because the screams and music from the venue felt louder than they normally did.

There was no time for reassurances, because I wasn't even sure if everything was going to turn out okay. 

It was at that time that Lou and I decided it was time for us to end out hibernation and grab a bite to eat. I didn't want to leave that room, because it meant seeing more people. 

But the baby was hungry.

If I had learned one thing from touring with One Direction, it was that there was food everwhere backstage.

We both grabbed a small sandwich and took a seat on the couch. It was a lot quieter in the room now that the boys were onstage.

A lot of people go to watch the show, or stand closer to the stage in case the boys need anything. 

Lou usually stood directly backstage to fix the boy's hair or makeup when needed, but today, she stayed with me, because it was a lot more than my hair that needed fixing. 

"You know what, I'm just going to go back to the hotel," I said, after devouring my sandwich. 

Lou didn't try to stop me, in fact, she encouraged me. 

"You need to get some rest," she said. "You've had a stressful day."

"And tomorrow won't be any easier," I said. She offered to come with me, but I insisted that she stayed here.

We called for a car, and it took me back to the hotel in ten minutes. 

Sure enough, there were fans waiting in the lobby. My chest burned as they walked by a girl in a Niall shirt. 

He could avoid me for days, but no matter what I did, I could never escape him. 

After riding the elevator up to the floor, I was surprised to see a new security guard when I got out. 

"I'm sorry, but you can't come up here, this is only for the performers and crew," the man said.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I said. All I wanted to do was lay in bed and cry, and now I couldn't even do that. "I'm in room 423."

I fished my card out of my bag and showed it to the guard. "I'm on the crew."

"Where did you get this?" He asked. "You're not on crew, and this card can't be valid."

"I am a stylist and I am almost eight months pregnant and just want to sleep," I said more forcefully. All the other guards recognized me, and I never had a problem getting to my room. I didn't know why this one was giving me a problem.

He looked at my card more closely. It was the card that we got when we checked in, there was nothing invalid about it. It even worked as a key when I opened the door.

"I'm sorry, but I can only let in official crew members and-"

"Did you not hear anything I just said?" I interrupted. 

"I know that's the key to Niall Horan's room, I'm not stupid," he said. "Fans aren't allowed to be up here."

"You obviously are stupid, because I've told you I'm on the crew countless times, and you still won't let me through."