Chapter 38

Chapter 38

When I got back to my apartment, I packed not only for Australia, but for the entire Australian leg of the tour. I talked to my doctor and I would have an appointment before I left, and when I got back, so there was no need for her to come with me.

I just hoped that the baby wouldn't be born premature.

I didn't even know what to pack for the week before the tour, and the two weeks of the tour. I had never been to Australia before. I had been on tour with him before, but not like this. Sure, I went to a weeks worth of shows on the west coast, but I was going to travel the world. 

After Australia, I would come back to New York for a few days, and then go to Asia and South Africa. After that, I would probably have the baby. It was crazy to think about it like that. I was spending my last few months without kids traveling the world. 

My doctor would have to come with me to Asia in case the baby is born early, and for other appointments to make sure everything is going well. 

The fact that one of the next times I would be back in New York would be as a mother made me feel excited and nervous. Time had flew by way too fast. 

I was just glad I would get to spend a lot of time with Niall. It would be harder than ever to keep this a secret, now that my belly was the size of Australia, or so it felt like. We had good people by our side. The rest of the band, Lou, I had even forgot about Gemma who knew. Maybe I would run into her.

I felt antsy thinking about it. 

My phone rang from the berau and I picked it up to answer. 

"Hi mom," I said. 

"I have some big news," she said. I didn't know what to think. She better not be pregnant too.

"What is it?" I said, sensing good news. 

"My project here is almost done, and my next project is in New York City!" She said. 

"That's great," I said, holding my phone between my shoulder and my cheek as I folded a shirt and placed it in my suitcase.

"I'm projecting to be done in late March or April, and I'm going to get an apartment in your building! When I'm not working, I can help with the baby when you need me," she said. 

I shut my eyes and smiled. "I'm so glad that this is working out," I said in relief. "There was no way I would be able to do this all on my own."

"That's what grandmothers are for," my mom said. I began to laugh a little. I had never thought about that the fact that my mom was going to be a grandmother. 

"This is great!" I said. 

"I know that there's no way Niall's parents will be able to help out, so I thought it would be good if I could be there. Trust me, it's hard to raise a baby, especially in the first months," my mom said. 

"I'll have Niall here until June, but then he has to continue his tour. I don't think that there is any way I could do everything all by myself." My phone was pressed between my shoulder and my ear.

"You're going to be a great mother, Alyssa," my mom said. I stopped folding the shirt in my hands and smiled. Not that many people have told me I was going to be a good mother despite my circumstances, and I didn't realize how much better it made me feel until now. 

"Thanks mom," I said. I continued folding, but my smile didn't fade.

"I mean it. It's going to be hard, but I know you and Niall will be great."