Chapter 97

Chapter 97

Three shows left. 

Then it would all be a memory. 

It would be the end of an era. 

It wasn't like it was all done after they finished the tour- they still had the new album coming out in two weeks, some promo, and a final X Factor performance. 

But it would just be so different once this tour was over. 

So much had happened over the course of this tour- Niall and I had our first big fight, I had Owen, Zayn left the band, and now Louis was expecting his baby. 

Maybe it would be good to leave some of these memories in the past, but they all made the band what it was today. 

They weren't just a boy band, they were four living, breathing people with families and responsibilities and feelings and passion. I think that people forgot about that sometimes. Their obligations were much more than churning out an album every year, and then promo, and then tour, and then repeat. 

They deserved a break. 

No, they needed a break or else they were going to break. 

When Niall wasn't around, sometimes I would look up videos from their early days as a group or old concert videos. 

They grew from boys to men in front of the world, and never got enough credit for it. 

It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end. 

Their lives didn't just change, they also changed everybody else's. 

It was funny, they still had a few months left before there was uncertainty, and I was already saying my goodbyes. 

I think that it's because, when you lose something so big, you have to mentally prepare yourself to lose it or else it would destroy you. 

I believe Niall was thinking the same thing, because of what I heard one day in his dressing room. 

It was right before the show, and I had just finished feeding Owen. 

I originally couldn't find Niall, and then I heard his voice coming from a random dressing room. I tried to secretly peek into the room through a small glass window on the door, but our eyes met as soon as I looked in. 

He looked startled, and I saw him try to hide what was next to him, his eyes wide in surprise. 

He reluctantly gestured for me to come in, and I opened the door to see him sitting in a chair with his guitar and a notebook. 

"You writing songs without me?" I joked, closing the door after I walked in. 

He put the pen down and smiled at the table. 

"Not exactly," he responded. 

"I want to hear it!" I said excitedly, sitting down on the couch next to him, propping Owen up on my lap, ready to be blessed with his melodies. 

He sighed. "I wanted it to be a surprise."

I was taken aback. He always shared his ideas with me. 

"Oh," I began, automatically feeling guilty for my impulse. "I apologize-"

"No, it's okay," He interrupted.  

Owen's tiny fingers twisted around my thumb. 

"I'm sure they boys will love it, whatever it is that you're writing about. But, isn't it a little too late to be writing songs for One Direction? The album comes out in a couple weeks, and after that-"