Chapter 76

Chapter 76

Niall returned to work later that week, but I felt refreshed and relaxed from the time that he was there to help out. 

My friend Olivia had her baby, a beautiful healthy boy, just like Owen. I made it clear that she could come over whenever she wanted. 

Niall made some appearances in London, and then he was on the West Coast for the Late Late Show and Billboard Music Awards. 

It worked out well because I was up feeding Owen at the time the Late Late Show came on TV. I loved seeing the four of them having fun in their first big interview without Zayn. It almost felt awkward without Zayn there, but I was going to have to get used to it.

Niall was still calling me everyday to catch up on what was going on, even though my life consisted of doing the same three or four things everyday. 

It was his life that was always so interesting.

It worried me sometimes, that he was always busy and doing promo or making appearances. I prayed that he wouldn't get worked out to the point where it wasn't fun for him anymore.

What was the point of doing something if it made you miserable?

I wanted him to love what he did.

The Billboard Music Awards came around, and the fabulous four walked the red carpet and sat through the show. It was another successful night for One Direction.

I saw them on screens more than I saw them in real life, and although it was sad, it was reality.

Lou sent me pictures of Niall getting his hair done and his complete look as he got ready, and I felt like I was right there beside him helping him prepare for the night.

Except I wasn't.

I was at home again with my two month old watching all the action from my couch, like I did for everything now a days.

Later that night my phone rang. It was a call from Niall.

"Hello?" I answered. My voice sounded a little shaky like it did after I went a long time without talking. 

"Hey, this is Alyssa, right?" His voice sounded high pitched and American. It weirded me out.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a slight chuckle. My voice was soft in the silent apartment. "You're the one who called me, right?"

There was a laugh at the other end. I could barely hear his voice with the amount of background noise. It sounded like he was at a party or something. He probably was.

That was the life of a celebrity.

"It's Taylor Swift!"

"Niall... are you drunk?" I asked with a sigh. I was exhausted and not in the mood for this. Another reminder that he could get as drunk as he wanted and I couldn't have a sip.

"No!" There was even more laughing and I started to make out the voice. "It's Taylor Swift! I'm here with Niall, Louis, and Ed Sheeran at an afterparty! Niall was telling me all about your baby! I'm so happy for you!"

I froze. 

It was actually Taylor Swift.

I just embarrassed myself in front of Taylor Swift.

It would make sense too, because they were all at the Billboard Music Awards together anyway. 

"I-I'm so sor-" I stuttered. I was mortified. 

"Don't worry about it!" She said in the most gentle and forgiving voice. "Niall told me you would get a kick out of it if I called you, so he let me borrow his phone to say 'hello'."