Chapter 94

Chapter 94

It wasn't as easy as I thought, being public with Niall.

A lot of it, I expected. Fans trying to find any way to "expose" me, body shaming, and other hateful words were directed at me.

But I was an adult now, and it barley phased me. 

They were sitting behind their computer screens at their suburban houses with walls covered in one direction posters, and I was sitting on the couch next to the love of my life and holding our son in my arms, overlooking New York City. 

Wherever there was hate, there was support. 

Perrie called me and even tweeted at me, Harry also face timed us to congratulate us. Not all of the One Direction fandom were jealous twelve year olds, some of them were really cool about it. Especially after a few weeks once they had some time to let it sink in.

I thought back to how long it took me to process it when I first found out about the situation, and I couldn't expect them to take it any easier. 

I had thought we cleared everything up about our lives in the live stream, but I guess there was one thing that I had forgotten about. 

There were screenshots of my hand from the live stream and people were making assumptions about the ring on my finger. 

The ring that I wore and fidgeted with so much that I forgot I was even wearing it. 

"Niall, come look at this," I said with my phone in my hand, sitting on the couch one morning. Niall was making breakfast in the kitchen, but put down the bowl he was working with to come and see what I had to show him. 

"Alyssa, what did I say about looking on social media like this," he said when he saw my phone screen. "Not everything people say is going to be nice, and you're better than this."

"No, it's not that," I said. "Look at this."

I handed him my phone so that he could see the tweets. He squinted his eyes and scrolled down. 

"They think that my ring is a wedding ring," I said, giggling. "What do we do?"

"Well, it's not the worst thing," Niall added, handing my phone back to me. "Let them believe it. Let's see where it takes us."

I looked at Niall in disbelief, waiting for him to admit that he was joking, but his lips stayed shut and our eyes stayed glues to each other. 

Then, he laughed."I'll tweet something later, but for now, just do me a favor and stay off twitter," he corrected. 

I sighed as he went back to the counter to finish making muffins, and I went back to my phone. 

He didn't say anything about instagram.

Besides, whatever was out there about him and me, I had heard it a million times before. I could take whatever these pubescent tweebs had to throw at me. 

Once the timer in the oven went off, Niall and I sat at the table and enjoyed a nice breakfast. Owen was awake a lot last night, but luckily fell asleep for a morning nap.

"I can't wait to see the boys again," Niall said as he ate. "It's been a long time since I've last seen them."

We were leaving later that week to go back to London to finish up One Direction's tour. By "we", I meant all three of us. Niall, Owen, and me. 

"Last leg of the last tour, isn't it?" I asked.

Niall shook his head up and down. "It's bittersweet."