Chapter 54

Chapter 54

I was only in New York for a short time- long enough to pull myself together.

It was refreshing to be alone. Of course I missed spending time with Niall, but I also missed spending time with myself.

My doctor and I had a flight to Dubai coming up soon, so I could finally meet the other girls from little mix.

From here on out, my doctor would always have to be close by to make sure everything was alright and the baby and I were healthy.

It felt so surreal packing a bag of diapers and onesies just for my baby. The next time I came back to New York, it could be with a baby on my hip.

Some people made a big deal of a baby's "going home" clothes, but I didn't know how long it would take for us to get back to America if I had him early, so he had multiple "going home" outfits.

The plan wasn't to have the baby until I was back in America, but plans do change, and I had to be prepared for anything.

I was getting used to riding extra long flights.

The flight to Dubai felt especially long because of my excitement. I downloaded little mix's albums onto my phone and listened to them for the entire ride.

It was late when we landed, and so we checked into the hotel and went to sleep.

I barely slept at all.

I had been sitting for so long, all I wanted to do was run to Japan where I would meet Niall tomorrow, but everybody knows that I can't even walk the length of the apartment anymore without feeling out of breath.

I just sat in bed and turned on the TV, flipping through the channels. I didn't understand the language they spoke in, but at least they were fun to watch.

I don't think it ever would sink in that dating Niall would let me see so much of the world.

Without him, I probably would've never been to England, Ireland, Australia, Asia, or even live in New York.

I often thought about where I would be if I never met him.

Obviously, I wouldn't be pregnant.

I probably would continue classes at college, graduate, become a teacher, meet some more stupid boys that would only break my heart.

Maybe I would eventually get married and start a family, in that order.

But I'm sure none of it would be as fun as my current life is.

Of course, it sucked half of the time, and really dragged me down, but in the end of the day, Niall and I loved each other, and that was good enough to me.

Morning couldn't have come sooner, and I was quick to rise.

I had given up shopping for maternity clothes as my bump grew bigger, I only had a month left to wear any of it, I might as well stretch out all of my existing clothes.

I wore a jean jacket with a white top underneath paired with my favorite sunglasses.

My doctor used this as an opportunity to see the world, and while I was out visiting people, she went to see landmarks and famous parts of Dubai.

Perrie had sent out a car to the hotel to pick me up so I didn't have to worry about getting a cab or taking a bus, and the car picked me up around ten.

I was used to riding in black cars with tinted windows with strangers driving me around now, and it didn't bother me.

The car ride wasn't that long, the studio had to be nearby.