Chapter 100

Chapter 100

After dinner, we all went back to the hotel. Turns out Niall made reservations for his family on the same floor as us.

I could tell he was putting a lot of thought into the last performance and I appreciated it.

It was so easy to just disregard it as another performance, but it wasn't. Sure there would be a few other smaller events following this one, but this was the last concert. The last time fans would be gathered in a huge arena to watch them sing this specific list of songs.

They were going to go out with a bang.

Owen actually slept well that night, and it was the first time in a while. I really needed that sleep, and I could tell Niall did too.

Waking up the next morning felt so bittersweet.

When you've been anticipating a specific day for so long, you wake up to a fresh breath of air. It's like waking up on Christmas morning when you were little or the day you were going to Disney world.

Before your brain even fully wakes up, you just recognize that today is the day.

I was the first one out of bed. I washed up, fed Owen, and ordered breakfast.

Niall later followed the same routine.

We got ourselves together, and then left for the venue.

For the last time.

Then, we arrived at the venue, and went to a dressing room and I found Lottie, Lou, and Lux.

For the last time.

I did Niall's hair the way he liked it and Lottie played with Owen on the ground.

For the last time.

"How are you feeling?" Lou asked me, putting down the hair dryer she was fiddling with.

"It's bittersweet," I said, looking over at her. 

Lou winked at me. "That's the only word to describe it."

"Scary, exciting, relieving..." I went on. 

"It's been a wild ride," Lou added. 

"Wild is an understatement," I responded. We both laughed. Lou was there for me so many times. When Niall and I had an argument, she relaxed me. I could talk to her about anything and I knew she would always help. She almost willingly delivered my baby for crying out loud. I can't say that about most people.

"Thank you, Lou," I said after brief silence. 

She looked confused. 

"For what?" She asked. 

I sighed. "For everything."

Lou smiled and walked over to me. She gave me a big hug. 

"We're in this together, sister," she said. 

My eyes closed and I embraced her. 

"I couldn't have done this without you," I said. It was the truth. I couldn't decide if she was like my sister, or like my mom. She really did a lot for me. 

Niall had gone to warm ups, and then I got a text from my mom saying she was in her seat with the rest of our families.

Lou went back to organizing some things and I tried to call my mom. 

"Hi mom, I'll be right up, I just need to take care of a few things," I spoke into my phone as I cleaned up the area.

"Oh, no, it's okay," she said. I could barely hear her with all the commotion and loud music in the arena. "I thought you were going to watch from backstage like always?"