Chapter 85

Chapter 85

It was weird being back in the same routine I was in while I was pregnant, but this time with a living, breathing baby. It complicated things in some ways, but made some things easier, like breathing. That's about it. 

Niall and I got to spend a lot of time together backstage and at hotels. The only thing that would make it better would be if we could actually leave the hotel and walk around in some of the beautiful cities we were in. 

But no. 

We still couldn't be seen together in public as a family.

Sometimes Lou would take me out with Lux and Lottie, but I always just thought of Niall being back at the stadium, sound checking. 

I just had to take a deep breath and remind myself that in a few short weeks, we would be public. 

All the possibilities made my stomach churn. 

But what made me the most upset was what took over the internet later in July.

Owen was napping and I was just looking on my phone. It came out of nowhere. 

"Louis Tomlinson expecting baby with US model Briana Jungwirth" was the headline that caught my eye. 

At first glance, I almost laughed to myself. Then, I remembered what Lottie said earlier about being an aunt and the awkwardness between us in that conversation. 

Like any One Direction fan, I began to do my research on her, and sure enough, there were pictures of the two together. 

But I was skeptical. 

If this was true, why would I, the only mother of a 1D member's baby and the only person who she could relate to, not know about this?

Niall surely would have told me about this if he knew about it. I confidentiality shut off my phone and took a glance at Owen. 

He was beginning to get fussy so I held him in my arms and took him for a stroll when Niall walked in. 

"Have you seen this?" He asked, showing me his phone. It was his twitter feed, and it was going crazy with Louis' baby rumors. It all circulated about an article written by The Sun. 

"I just saw it like two seconds ago," I stated. "Did you know anything about this?"

Niall looked surprised, pulling his hand out of the pockets of jeans that were too tight. "No, I thought maybe you would."

"That's weird," I said. "Obviously it's a false rumor then," I began to take a deep breath and sit back down on the couch with Owen. "I'm sure Louis would have said something about it to you if it was true."

Niall poked his head out of the door frame, and then shut the door and carefully sat down next to me. "Louis doesn't say much about his romantic life, he's been all over the place lately," Niall began in a hushed tone. "But I do remember seeing him with that girl at one point or another, I can't remember where."

He put a hand on his head as if he was trying to think. "Just because they've met each other before doesn't mean she's having his baby, you should know enough about this," I said, rolling my eyes and getting ready to change Owen's diaper.

"I know, but it's just so weird," Niall said. 

"Niall, if he ever needed any advice on this topic, you would be the first person he would go to," I said, elbow deep in the diaper bag. 

"That's true, but there's just been so much secrecy in the band ever since Zayn left and I just... I don't know," Niall sat farther back into the couch and put his hands above his head.