Chapter 81

Chapter 81

You would think that taking a plane from New York to Europe as often as I did that you would get used to it eventually, right?

I would never get used to it. 

If anything, the flights were getting longer and more tiring. 

The thing keeping me going was the fact that there would only be a little over a week until Niall would be back in the USA for the North American leg of the tour- and I would get to spend almost every second with him. 

That also meant that it was time to tell the world about us. 

I had all the pictures together, and I spent so much time rehearsing what I was going to say on camera and how Niall would introduce me and Owen. 

Now it was just a test of when exactly we would do it.

It wasn't exactly part of our everyday conversation. There were times when I felt so confident about it, and Niall was reluctant. And then there were times that I would see all the security that they had and all of the lengths they took to avoid crowds and it made me rethink everything. 

However, there was nothing more that I wanted to do that show people how much we loved each other. 

I wanted to hold him in the street, I wanted to go out and dance and kiss him so everybody could see. 

It dawned on me that it had almost been a year. I had spent a year basically "in hiding", obeying One Direction's security and keeping a secret that ruined me. 

But it didn't feel like a year.

It felt so much shorter, as if time flew by. As happy as I was now, there was so much that I took so much for granted and didn't appreciate to the fullest. 

There was nothing I could do about it now.

When I got home and settled, I put Owen down, and sat at my keyboard and began to write a new song. 

Within an hour, I had a chorus.

Why can't I hold you in the street?

 Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?

I wish that it could be like that,

Why can't it be like that?

Cause I'm yours.

Why can't I say that I'm in love?

I wanna shout it from the rooftops.

I wish that it could be like that,

Why can't it be like that?

Cause I'm yours.

It all just came to me- flowing so perfectly and it made so much sense. That's what I loved about songwriting, it allowed me to express my feelings in a way that was so beautiful and made things come together. 

We keep behind closed doors,

every time I see you I die a little more

Stolen moments that we steel as the curtains fall

It will never be enough... 

I was writing all my chords and lyrics down in the notes section on my phone, my brain moving faster than my fingers. 

It's obvious you're meant for me,

Every piece of you it all fits perfectly,

Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep,