Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Now that he had left, I could let out my emotions. I shoved a pillow onto my face and let out all of the ugly sobs I had been holding in. 

I shut my eyes, and tears came flooding down my cheeks. I felt my back heave as I sobbed. I was sobbing so hard that there were times where I didn't even make any noise. I felt like I was screaming, and didn't make a sound.

I did the first thing that I thought of doing. My hand searched the table for my phone. I went to my contacts and called the first person on the list. The only person who could have any idea how I felt right now.

I listened to the tones while biting down on my thumb, praying that she would pick up.

"Hello?" She said. I couldn't help but continue sobbing. I closed my eyes again and shook the mattress. 

"Alyssa?" She continued. "Are you okay?"

I tried to retrieve my voice, but I wasn't stable enough to form a word. My breathing was too out of control.

"I don't know," I stumbled, and then continued crying. 

"Alyssa, what's wrong?" She asked. I tried to stabilize my breathing to answer her.

"N-Niall, h- he, he called m-me me and the ba-baby a mistake," I managed before collapsing again. "He left. I- I don't know wh-where he is."

I heard her take a deep breath from the other end. "I'm so sorry."

"I started it," I said. "I woke up cry-crying because I really wanted pancake, but knew that we could never do something as simple as go, go to a restaurant, and I was upset, and, and he felt bad, and then I felt bad, and then he got mad, mad because he thought it was his fault. But it isn't his fault, and I told him that I chose him even though we can't, we can't ever live a normal life, and he said, he said that neither of us chose to ruin, to ruin our lives."

"Alyssa, do you know how much that boy loves you?" she asked. "He would never do any of that intentionally."

"But the thing is," I paused to try and take a deep breath, but ended up sobbing more. "It made me start to think that maybe I was a mistake. Neither of us wanted this to happen. Maybe this was all a mistake." Hearing myself say it out loud again made me sob again.

"Don't ever say that," she said. "You are not a mistake. Every relationship has ups and downs. It sounds like you were both worked up, and when you're emotional, you say things you don't mean. It was really rude of him to say that, but I don't think he meant it."

Her words began to calm me down. I inhaled, exhaled, and wiped my eyes. 

"I'm just going to have to wait and see if he comes back," I said.

"He'll be back before you know it," she said. "You have nothing to worry about."

"Thanks, Perrie. It really helped, hearing it from you," I said.

"Not a problem. I'm always here if you need me," Perrie said. We made plans to see each other soon, and we hung up. 

I built up the courage to sit up straight. I looked over at the clock. 

It had been almost a half an hour since Niall left. I really hoped he would be back soon, the anticipation was unbearable. 

As much as I hated what he said to me, I really hoped that he could apologize and we could make up for it. 

If there was one thing that I learned in this relationship, it would be that the night changes too fast, and it changes everything.

I got up and made the bed, so it didn't look like I was recklessly sobbing. 

I changed my clothes and washed my face. I put my hair up so that it was out of my face, just in case I needed to cry even more, even though I hoped my crying was over for the day. 

40 minutes.

I went out to the living room, sat on the couch, and looked at the city. The thing I liked most about the view was that it never got boring. There was always something happening, and it was always different from the last time you looked at it.

An hour passed, and I started to get worried. I paced back and forth. When he did come back, what would I say to him? How do I even respond to something like what had just happened?

Part of me wanted him to come back, and part of me couldn't handle seeing him after what happened. 

I knew that he was the one who needed to apologize, and it was probably hard for him too. But I was just a nervous wreck. 

I looked at my phone. No missed texts or calls. I felt the urge to cry again, but I refused to let myself.

It was easier when you knew that you were the one at fault, because you can just apologize and comfort the other person.

There was nothing that I could do now, but wait for an apology. 

I was painfully empty.

I put a hand on my stomach. "It will all be okay," I told Owen. "Daddy loves us." I thought back to the day when we had made the video of the letter wrote. I kept the letter in a special place, so that I wouldn't loose it when the time came to show it to Owen.

Daddy loves us. 

My daddy doesn't, but his daddy always will, no matter what.

That morning's incident felt like it was years ago. It almost seemed stupid that I had been making such a big deal about it. 

It was a big deal to me, though.

Then there was a knock at the door. My head shot up and I took a deep breath. I knew that it was Niall without even thinking about it.

I got up, and smoothed my shirt. I ran my fingers through my ponytail and snook a quick peek in the mirror. You wouldn't have any idea that I was losing my mind this morning.

Without even looking out of the peephole, I wrapped my hand around the cool metal handle. I opened the door. 

The person who was standing in the hallway was who I would never expect to see in a million years.

"Jake?"

A/N

hahaha i forgot about this part 

ive been drowining in homework recently, i apologize. I do promise that I'm always working on the story, and no matter how late I update, there are so many chapters waiting to be published already (:

please vote and comment, it means a lot

x