Chapter 79

Chapter 79

There were times that our relationship felt like a rotation of me being sad and Niall encouraging me, and times of Niall feeling sad and me comforting him.

But there was no way that I would rather want it.

It was the time in between, the time of nothing but love, that made me realize how important we were to each other. We kept each other going. 

It felt good to be back on tour with him, and that night's show went off without a hitch.

I went to the hotel room to get settled and put Owen down for the night, and that had been the first time Owen slept through until morning. Ever.

Morning for me is five o clock. That was impressive. 

He was just as happy as I was. 

I had arrived just in time for the Summertime Ball radio show, and it was going to be a lot bigger than I thought.

I hadn't spoken to Perrie that much lately, she was so busy with Little Mix, which was why I was especially excited to see my girls today.

I felt somewhat well-rested for the first time since Owen had existed, and that was just proving that being together as a family was bringing all types of good things to us. 

Niall's call time was 10am, so he rolled out of bed at 8:30. I was almost completely ready by the time he was up- showered and everything. 

"I just fed Owen," I began when Niall become conscious. "I'll go get us some breakfast from the buffet and be right back. Keep an eye on your son."

Niall yawned groggily, and then I turned out the door. 

As I walked through the hallways and down the stairs, I began to realize that Niall hadn't been left alone with Owen for that long yet. He hasn't had a chance to be completely responsible for Owen. 

It almost made me feel kind of disappointed. 

Owen was almost three months old and hasn't had any alone time with his father. 

Niall had been a father for almost three months and hadn't had any alone time with his son. 

I couldn't blame him, not with that schedule, but it was just like every other decision I made. Niall wasn't there to help.

I pushed some hair behind my ear and examined my reflection as I walked past the glass doors. I didn't have that much baby fat left to lose- I almost looked the same as I did pre-Owen.

My boobs were still bigger, though. 

I straightened out my jean shorts and pulled at my tank top. I was wearing a lace headband with sandals that had the same pattern. 

I found the buffet area and grabbed two plates and started to fill them with food. I remembered exactly what Niall always had when we ate together when he was touring. Some things never changed. 

It was funny how I was starting to recognize people from the crew more after seeing them so many times. 

There was a tall woman in plain clothes that I recognized to be one of the chefs from yesterday, and a man who I think is a security guard. 

One Direction didn't have a very big traveling crew, and although I didn't remember names, I recognized faces.

They were people of little significance to me, but very important to the overall production of the show. At first, they all looked the same. Walking around and doing things that needed to be done.