Chapter 83

Chapter 83

"I have a question for you," I asked Niall as I organized my luggage. "Why did you list my name as Alyssa Horan when you made the reservations?"

Niall was comfortably feeding Owen a bottle on the couch, looking into his little green eyes. "Because it sounds good."

I froze and put down the diaper bag I was going through to look over at him. What was that supposed to mean?

"Just kidding," Niall laughed to himself. "I didn't make the reservations, I never do. Management always does and now that you're going to be traveling with us for a bit, they probably just wanted no questions to be asked."

I nodded my head and went back to the diaper bag. 

The hotel room was quiet. Niall was taking in every inch of Owen's beauty while he fed him a bottle, and it made me realize that he never got the chance to do this because of how busy he was. 

I'm sure a lot of parents saw this as a responsibility or a chore, but Niall saw it as a privilege. I could see it in the way he looked at Owen. 

When Niall finished feeding him, he changed his diaper and put him back in the carrier to take a nap while I sat in the chair next to him, resting for myself. 

I didn't even realize that I fell asleep until I woke up and smelt food. 

I stretched my arms and looked at the clock- it was almost six pm. 

"Niall," I said, suddenly pushing myself up. "Why didn't you wake me? It's almost six!"

I looked around to gain my bearings, and I saw Niall holding Owen in one arm and putting small white boxes on the table with the other. 

"You deserve some rest," he said. 

I was amazed with what was happening. "You got dinner?"

Niall smiled and opened the boxes to reveal burgers and fries- my favorite. 

"I got some room service," he said. 

"Niall, you're the best," I said, pushing myself off of the couch I fell asleep on and stretching. "I hope you didn't answer the door with the baby in your arms."

That would be a dead giveaway.

Niall chuckled. "I may be stupid sometimes, but I'm not that stupid."

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He put Owen in the jumper that he must have set up when I was sleeping.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked, watching Niall take care of everything. 

"The thing you can do is sit down and dig into your dinner," he said, putting his hands on my hips and planting a kiss on my lips. 

I smiled at him and then went to go take a seat.

Niall dimmed the lights slightly. "Ooh, what a romantic dinner," I said, sitting. 

"Yeah, these cheeseburgers are gourmet," Niall giggled, walking over to come join me. 

We never spoke much when we ate- meal time was for eating. It wasn't an awkward silence at all, in fact, it was most enjoyable. 

I was eating a delicious burger with an even better view of the man I loved most. 

I offered to clean up when we were done, but he forced me to sit back and relax. As much as I felt bad watching him do all the work, it was the least he could do.