Chapter 11

After my mom left, Niall and I ordered food. It was only 3 but Niall was exhausted from his lack of sleep.

The doorbell rang and I opened it. But it wasn't the food.

"Katie, what are you doing here? Is this your daughter?" I opened the door wider and let Katie and a little girl in.

I had no idea she was showing up right now or even knew my address, but she was holding a girl, who I assumed to be her daughter.

"Now isn't exactly a good time-"

"Is that the food?" Niall asked, walking to the door. He saw Katie and walked away backwards slowly back into the kitchen, surprised, like nothing happened.

I sighed.

"Is he?" Katie drifted off. I nodded. Katie's hand slammed over her mouth.

"Oh my god, I knew you said your boyfriend was popular, but I didn't know he was one of the most popular people in the world."

"Niall, it's okay, you can come back. She's a friend," I said. Niall walked back through the doorway.

"Sorry to surprise you," he said.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Alyssa's friend Katie," she said. "This is Samantha." The girl smiled, sensing her name.

"Hi Samantha!" I said, touching her small foot.

"You're so popular," Niall said. I never had visitors, and today I had three.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, I was in the neighborhood," Katie said. "I can leave if you want."

"No, it's okay. Stay. Niall might be going to bed soon but we can chat if you want," I said. "Have a seat."

We sat in chairs, and Niall kissed my forehead and said he was going upstairs to sleep. I didn't blame him.

"I had no idea that your boyfriend was Niall Horan," Katie said.

"You have to promise not to say anything."

"I won't say a word," Katie promised. "So how are you feeling?"

"A little better than I was at first, but still nauseous."

"I was nauseous with Samantha big time. Maybe you'll have a girl."

"I haven't even thought about gender or possible names. Hell, I haven't even thought about the baby's room. I guess that's a good thing since I'm moving."

"You're moving?"

"I'm moving in with Niall in the city. We just decided today. I'm dropping out of college and working with One Direction's crew," I said. After I said it, I realized I'd be leaving my only friend behind.

"Wow," Katie said. "That's great!" She was trying to be happy for me, but I could tell she was sad.

"Don't worry. You can come and visit me whenever you want. I can try to hook you up with concert tickets," I said.

"I actually have somewhere to go, I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I'm sorry to drop by without letting you know, but it was nice to see you," Katie said, getting out of her seat.

"Okay. It was really nice to see you, and I loved meeting Samantha."

"I'm glad I was able to meet your boyfriend. I'll see you soon. Call me," she said, and left.

I was a bit surprised that she left so soon, but I was feeling sleepy anyway and couldn't take away from the little time I had with Niall.

I climbed the stairs up to my room. were Niall was already sleeping. The combination of jet lag and lack of sleep had really caught up to him.