Chapter 24

Chapter 24

After the signing was over, I got to spend some time in the UK. I had never been there before, and it was beautiful.

Niall and I also had been talking a lot about the dog that I said I would get him for his birthday, and we both decided that we wouldn't be home enough to take care of one.

However, his dad had always wanted one.

Niall picked out a dog that he liked, he was white and fluffy. Bobby was so happy to have a dog, and Niall could visit the dog whenever he wanted.

Niall decided to name him 'Colin.' He told me that it better suited a dog than a baby, and I agreed. I wasn't liking the name as much as I had a few months ago.

When Niall was filming the 'Night Changes' music video, Colin even made a special appearence. In fact, the Night Changes video was a success. 

For the video, the boys all went on a 'date.' It was meant to feel like the viewer was going on a date with each member. Niall's scenes were all at a house by the fire. The boys all got to choose who they wanted to stand behind the camera as "their date", and Niall wanted me to do it.

I showed up at the set as a stylist, and then Niall asked if I could be the one in the video to be his girlfriend. Originally, they said no because of my bump, but Niall insisted.

The date was like most of our dates were, cozy and at home. Only this time, there were a ton of cameras and people around. I had to remind myself that this was Niall's job, and I shouldn't worry about them assuming we were dating.

Eventually, Niall caught his shirt on fire and I got a drink spilled on me. Colin's acting career was beginning, and I didn't want to have to raise two potential divas.

Later in the week, we continued our video diaries and he interviewed me again in the hotel room.

"So, Alyssa," he began in his best deep interviewer voice. "How are you doing?"

"I am actually doing really well! I bursting with excitement!"

"Quite literally, judging by the size of your stomach."

"If you think I'm big now, just wait a few months. I'll be twice the size, my belly button will have popped, and my veins will be noticeable."

"You'll still be beautiful," he said. I felt myself blush a bit. "How far along are you now?"

"23 weeks, bitch," I said. Niall laughed again. "For the baby, we wrote a letter to you yesterday for you to read when you're old enough." I reached towards the table and grabbed a piece of paper.

"This part is from mommy," I said, and cleared my throat. "Dear, insert name here, mommy and daddy love you so so much. You are going to grow into a handsome, caring, and crazy little man just like your father. Your life is going to be insane. You will travel the world with us and see more places by the time you're three than most people see by the time they're forty. You may not know it, but you are so lucky to have a mom and a dad in your life, and we will never leave you. We promise to support you in all that you do. It's so crazy to think that you're right here, inside my stomach, growing more and more each day. I don't know why you want me to eat a box of pop tarts each day, but you do, and that's okay, because I like pop tarts." I stopped for a minute and laughed. 

Niall handed me the camera, and I handed him the letter.

"This is from daddy," he said. "Insert name here, in case you don't know, daddy is part of one of the biggest bands in the world, called One Direction. One Direction is so busy, always touring and making appearances and writing and recording. Although I am busy, I will always make time for you and your mom. We can play futbol in the empty arena and do cartwheels on the catwalk. You will be One Direction's second biggest fan, after me, of course." I laughed. "Unfortunately, you will never know what it's like to have a normal life, this is your normal life. But just like my family keeps me grounded, your family will keep you grounded. Don't think for a second that you can act like a diva just because you're famous. You will be put back in your place real quick. You are so loved already by all of One Direction and your family. Like your mom said, you may not appreciate it sometimes, but you are one of the luckiest boys in the world. We will love you no matter what, and you are so special."