Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Oh my god!" I said, and covered the smile on my face with my hands. "Um, hi, everybody!" My apartment was filled with my closest friends and family.

I looked around at the decorations. There were blue streamers and a sign that said 'it's a boy!' I knew what this was as soon as I saw it.

"This a baby shower!" I exclaimed.

"Yes!" Everybody said, and I started laughing as Perrie hugged me. 

"It's a surprise baby shower!" Perrie said. "Go inside, they're all here for you!" I left her arms and then walked inside. 

The people surrounded me. There weren't that many people, I assumed only the people who knew about everything. I first recognized my mom, then Katie, Sophia, Lou Teasdale, then Maura and Denise, and even Demi Lovato.

"How did you even do this? Half of you had to fly in!" I said. 

"It wasn't a problem, I wanted to be here!" Demi said. The fact that Demi Lovato was standing in my apartment at my baby shower made me want to faint.

"It was Niall's idea," my mom said. "He told me who he thought you would want here and asked me and Perrie if we would help out."

"You've got a good boyfriend," Perrie said. And I knew I did. I admired the blue balloons set up around a table with snacks on it.

"I can't believe you did this! I had no idea you were planning this," I said, looking around even more. 

Everybody dispersed, and I ended up with Katie on the couch. "It's so nice to see you!" I said to her as we hugged. 

"Oh my god, you've gotten so big since the last time I saw you," Katie said. I was at the point where I started taking those remarks as a compliment. 

"As you can tell, it's a boy," I said, looking at the decorations. 

"That's so awesome," she said. "I can't believe Demi Lovato and Perrie Edwards are here. This is like a celebrity party!" She started laughing.

"I can't believe it either. This little guy is going to be a celebrity," I said, patting my stomach. He was kicking with happiness. Somehow he could tell this was his baby shower.

"You're already a celebrity too, look at you," she said.

"I hope you don't think that I act like one," I said.

"No way," she replied. It was important that Katie, my one non-famous friend, kept me grounded. 

We got to catch up a bit, but everybody wanted to talk to me. Sophia sat with us and we talked a bit as well. 

"Do you forgive me for forcing you out of the house and bringing way too many bags?" Perrie said when she joined us.