Chapter 65

Chapter 65

April 3rd, 7:36 am

I haven't been sleeping. The contractions have been keeping be awake. 

They come infrequently- maybe one every few hours, but they when they do come, they COME.

We were in South Africa now, and all I wanted was for Owen to stay put for one more week, until we could go back to the states. I wasn't completely prepared for him to make his grand entrance overseas.

I knew he was coming, and I just had a bad feeling that it would be soon.

"Do you want to go grab some breakfast?" Niall asked. He was already dressed and ready to go golfing later that day. I couldn't have gotten out of bed if my life depended on it.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll just get something on my own later," I said quietly, wrapping myself up in the sheets. 

"Okay, I'll see you tonight," he said, coming over to give me a kiss on my forehead, and then he left.

Most days, I would be disappointed that he was ditching me for golf, but today, I needed him to leave. He couldn't know that I was getting more contractions.

These ones weren't like the others- they were steadier. I kept looking at the clock, and they were coming about every twenty minutes or so. Still irregular, but more constant than I had ever had them before. 

April 3rd, 12:21 pm

I knew I was being stupid by not telling anybody that I was in labor. Not even my nurse. But nobody could know. 

I decided to get up and get some food somewhere, I just needed to stretch my legs. It probably wasn't a good idea to roam around an unknown city alone, but I was just full of bad decisions that day. 

I was getting pretty good at holding in the pain. They hurt, but no more than severe menstrual cramps. I had to stop walking every few minutes and stand against a wall for support.

I didn't need any strangers stopping by and offering to bring me to the hospital. 

Nobody could know.

For all I knew, I could still be in false labor like I had been in earlier this week. There was no need to get everybody worried for nothing... right?

They were still at least fifteen minutes apart. I had plenty of time to spare, I could go see a movie, do some shopping, clean the hotel room... As of right now, there was no baby hanging out of me, therefore I was all set. 

It was a beautiful day in Dubai, and I wish I could have enjoyed it more.

April 3rd, 7:46 pm

I was already in bed when Niall got back to the room. The contractions were coming about every ten minutes now, and lasted anywhere between fifteen seconds to a minute.

This was the part that I was dreading.

I thought about even going to Lou's for the night, but I didn't know how I would explain myself to Niall, and Lou would probably just take me to the hospital.

I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"How was your day?" I asked when he walked in.

"I lost at golf, but that's okay. We went out for drinks after," he said, taking off his hat and putting his room key on the table. He seemed preoccupied, which was good. "How was your day?"

I froze. Contraction.

I shoved my face into my pillow to keep myself quiet and grasped onto the mattress.