Chapter 43

Chapter 43

The rehearsal performance was approaching, but I couldn't bring myself to leave the stylist's room. I sat on the couch with my magazine and tried to isolate myself from everything, but there were too many people to hide from. 

"Alyssa, we're going to go out and watch, do you want to come?" Lou poked her head in to ask.

"I think I'll just stay in here for the rest of my life," I said. "It's pretty cozy."

Lou walked completely in the room so she was seen. "You should really come out and watch," she said. "I'm sure Niall will be looking for you in the audience. You'll be with us, nothing bad will happen."

I sighed and threw my magazine at my bag. "What's the worst that could happen?"

I tried to push myself off of the couch but Lou came to my assistance and helped me up. Lux, Brooklyn, Caroline, and Lottie were with her. 

Simple things just became so much more complicated when you were pregnant. 

"Are you excited?" I asked Lux. She had her headphones in her hand, all ready for the show.

"Yes!" She said, reaching out to hold my hand. I took her hand and we walked to find our way to the seats. "Is your baby going to be okay? He can have my headphones."

I laughed kindly at her generosity. "That's okay, Lux, but thank you. He is surrounded by fluid and the sound waves won't hurt him. Maybe he'll start dancing!"

"We can dance together!" She said, jumping excitedly. I smiled at her. There were times, especially now, when I didn't want to be a mom and have a child, but Lux reminded me of how things will get better. 

We watched One Direction do their set with the full stage and pyrotechnics, and it reminded me that this was the start of a new era for One Direction. 

A baby, new music, new tour, new memories. 

There were fans surrounding the entire venue and even lining the roads. I knew there would be fans waiting at the hotel when we got back. 

When the show was over, I grabbed my stuff. Lou waited for me, but we left in the same car. We were all staying in the same hotel, and hopefully I wouldn't be noticed if I wasn't with anybody of higher profile. 

Niall didn't get back until late, and we had to arrive at the venue the same way the following day for the first real concert. 

Niall was bursting with excitement. I met up with him at the venue to do his hair, and he got to talk to me about how excited he was.

"I have a question," I said as I styled his hair. 

"Yes," he responded. 

"Do you think that I could invite my mom to come to the last week of shows in Asia? If the baby comes early, she's going to be a lot farther away than your family, and I think that it would be cool of her to come see you in action."

"That's a great idea," Niall said without hesitation. "She's always welcome."

As soon as I finished, he left to fulfill other responsibilities. 

Lou was already done with her styling, but I didn't know where she was. I walked out to the hallway and found a room that served as a green room. 

There was a couch, so I decided to take a seat. I looked around for somebody that I recognized, but there was nobody I could talk to. 

I saw some fans with VIP passes scrambling around with a host. They took pictures with the instrument people and other people, but I sat with my hands on my stomach.