Chapter 92

Chapter 92

We took Niall's birthday as our last day of total privacy. We embraced our family and just relaxed. It was hard to sleep that night knowing that it would be the last time the world didn't know about us. 

I knew I was excited, but I was also so nervous. What if things didn't go as planned? What if everybody hated me? What if I was putting my son's life in danger?

I had been having these thoughts for over a year now and they were always the same, but now they were closer than ever to being answered. 

We took the morning planning it out and setting everything up. We would be broadcasting using my laptop from the table in front of our couch. There was a nice view of the city in the background.

Owen had just woken up from a nap, and was in a good mood. I just hoped that he didn't make any noises while we were filming before we introduced him. That would be a dead giveaway. 

Niall sent out a tweet yesterday saying "very important announcement tomorrow ! twitcam at 11am EST!" 

It was now 10:56am.

I put on makeup for the first time in months, wore a nice shirt and jean shorts, and even straightened my hair for this occasion.

I also did something with Niall's hair to make him presentable. 

First impressions matter, and this one mattered more than anything. 

"I'm so excited to see the photo album," Niall said, trying to calm me. "It will be so special to take a walk down memory lane."

I shook my head but didn't say anything.

"Look," Niall said, sitting me down on the couch. "I know you're nervous, but this is out of your control now. Whatever happens, happens. We've been through much worse."

He ran his hand through my hair.

"And just think about how great it will feel once we have this secret off of our shoulders."

I took a deep breath and looked into his blue eyes. We had been waiting for this for so long. 

"You ready?" He asked. It was 11:00. 

I smiled. "As ready as I'll ever be."

I kissed him and then got up from the couch and behind the computer so that I couldn't be seen. I could see Niall's fingers shaking as he set up everything on the computer. 

I had to be silent from here on out.

"Okay, so, I think this is working," Niall said, looking into the camera on the computer. 

I pulled out my phone and looked on twitter. My stomach dropped. Everybody was talking about it, and it seemed to be live on twitcam. I gave Niall a thumbs up.

"Okay," he repeated once he saw my signal. "Thanks for joining me today. I am here in New York City in the states, as you can see out the window." He turned around, pointing at the skyline. 

It was a beautiful fall day outside, the sun peeking out behind the trees that were just beginning to fade.

"I hope you all are enjoying the new single. The lads and I have been hard at work on the new album and I'm sure you're going to like it."

I could tell that he was stalling, and my heart was pounding out of my chest in anticipation. 

After a few minutes of mumbling, it was time to get to the point.

"As you can tell, I am not here with any of the other boys. In fact, I am doing this personally, and it is in no way associated with the band or the label or even the management. This is about me and the people I love."