Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I put my bags in the corner of the room. Even if Niall had only been here for a day or two so far, he had marked his territory. How could he even make this big of a mess in two days?

Our room was big enough so that I could clear out a spot for my things. I looked at the time, it was almost four, and I was starving. I didn't know where I was in relation to getting food, but I figured maybe I could go for a walk.

That was when the door opened and he walked in. 

"Niall! Oh my god!" I said, and ran over to him. He looked stunned at first, like why the fuck is there a girl in my hotel room, but once he realized it was me, he smiled and spread his arms for me. "I texted you, like, a hundred times!"

"My phone died, I'm sorry," he said, tightening his arms around me. "I'm so happy to see you."

"Where on Earth were you?" I asked, pulling away to look at his eyes.

"I was at a tennis match," he said. I never knew he was so into tennis. "Very cool stuff." I laughed. 

"Well, I missed you," I said. 

"I missed you too," he said, squeezing me close again. I laughed into his shoulder.

"Plug your phone in, you bastard," I said. He giggled and then plugged his phone into the charger in the corner.

"Oh shit," he said, staring at the screen of his phone that had just been revived. "Missed call from Simon." He looked away from his phone and looked at me. "I haven't talked to him since management found out about us."

"Call him back!" I said eagerly. It had to have been important. Niall had a distraught look on his face as he tapped his phone. His hand shook as he held his phone to his ear. 

I lay down on the bed and looked at the ceiling. I always wanted to talk to Simon Cowell, but not like this.

He had an unplanned baby, didn't he? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

"Hey Simon! It's Niall!" Niall said into his phone. There was no longer a worried tone in his voice, but he still looked antsy.

"Put it on speaker!" I said in a loud whisper. Niall put his phone on speaker, and I heard Simon Cowell's voice.

"First off, I just wanted to say congratulations to you and your girlfriend," he said. Niall looked at me and smiled, but the "first off" part didn't make me feel any better.

"Thanks," Niall said. 

"I'm not going to reprimand you or anything, I'm sure that you've had plenty of that already and that it has caused you a lot of stress as is," Simon continued. "I'm not here to be a hypocrite, but it wasn't the best thing for your career."

No shit.

I watched as Niall rolled his eyes and didn't say anything.

"However, the way that the management team handled things at your last meeting was unprofessional and inappropriate. They have been addressed and I can assure you it won't happen again," Simon said.

"I'm sure it was a surprise to them," Niall said.

"That would be an understatement," Simon said. I chuckled. "As much as it isn't preferable, we will make it work. I respect the fact that you and your girlfriend want to handle things yourself, and she wants herself and the baby to not be involved in the business. I got the papers in the mail the other day, and they are all signed."

I made my arm into a right angle and lifted it up and down in the air in celebration. I was free.

"I'm sure she will be thrilled to find out," Niall said about my reaction.