CH 68: The Fast Way to Get Food

"Will he tell people?" Avery frowned, staring at the closed door. She heard the faint footsteps fade away as the model left the premises.

"Mikael? No. He wouldn't. He just needs time to digest everything." Cale exhaled sharply. One thing he could count on Mikael was his skeptical nature. Although he had strong opinions, he wouldn't share them outside of his close circle.

It could take a while but the model eventually saw the light.

Frown lines creased between Avery's brows. "Is it really that big of a deal?"

"Well, how is it not?" Cale snorted. "Not only did a woman become a part time model but that same model is also dating her boss."

It had been a fun ride so far. Although, it wouldn't always stay that way. He "I'm surprised Mikael actually got that far into it."

"Yeah..." Avery sighed. She rubbed her chin, rethinking the whole idea and doubting it. "Makes me wonder how Ambryan would react when he finds out."

She had hoped for the two to fall in love. In the process, she guessed that Ambryan would eventually figure it out. Both parties came to this agreement with their own motives. She thought that he'd be able to understand when the time came.

But, what if he didn't?

What to do then?

"Hey..." Cale spoke softly. His posture relaxed once he saw her worried face. He rubbed her upper back in comfort. "Stay positive. If what you said about your son and about Eve is true, I am willing to bet that they had an arranged proposition about their relationship."

A light chuckle escaped his lips. "They probably agreed to fake date without knowing that they're on their way to falling in love."

...

...

...

...

...

Eve stretched her arms upwards. Her back muscles clenched from the movement. Then, she rolled her shoulders, keeping the momentum. "You have to admit. I am a genius."

Ambryan glanced from the driver's seat. Endless night sky filled the windshield. Street lights and other vehicles illuminated the road before them. Nothing played out of the radio. They simply spent the ride with each other's chatter and silence.

The pressure was gone.

No one could see them through the black-tinted windows.

"How so?" Ambryan asked as he turned back to the street. The route they took had lesser car traffic. It allowed them to enjoy a smooth and steady trip.

"Acting drunk is the best way to get permission to leave a party," Eve boasted, still feeling smug about her performance. It had gone better than she thought. "Did you see how fast Mr. Wilson and Mr. Kingston let us go? Pure genius."

"It didn't work on Luna though."

"Oh, and that's my fault?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes. Leaning on the backrest, she crossed her arms over her chest. "Work is always running in your head. You went into business mode when she spoke about the advertisement. And it was a joke!"

"But you didn't interrupt it with your 'acting'," Ambryan explained. He made a right turn, entering the road that outlined a cove. The sea crashed against the rocks below.

"Well, why would I? I know work is important to you." Eve shrugged. She turned her head towards the passenger window. The moon reflected on the waters. "Besides, it wasn't just you. Luna was also into it. It would be rude to interrupt."