CH 20: The Last Out of Five

Eve sat on her old study table, her legs up on the chair.

It had a simple design. What she loved about its simplicity was the space. The legs had shelves for her to store her school books back then. Also, the shelves on the left one extended to above the table. It became handy when she had her exams.

Her laptop covered the middle of the table. It was a few years old but it still worked well. She had invested in good specs. During college, she worked part time online as a tutor. The good hardware allowed her to perform efficiently.

Using her fingers, she combed through the crimson wig.

She blinked her eyes. The hazel contact lenses covered them. They took time to wear. It would also take another time to get used to. She finished her look with a fitted white shirt and a pair of black shorts.

If Andie's joke came true, Eve didn't want her boss to see her sleep wear.

Somehow, Eve felt glad that she took her best friend's advice. Not only did the disguise make her look different but it also made her feel different. Maybe she could actually chat with her boss, forgetting about their work relationship. Yeah... that could totally happen.

Or it could totally not.

...

...

...

She quickly put those worries aside. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes. She recalled yesterday's events. In front of that camera, she wasn't Eve the Secretary. She was Evangeline the Rookie Model.

She channeled Evangeline's 'spirit', the one that talked to Mikael Davis and the rest.

That would be the woman Ambryan Hathaway would face.

A ping notified her of the time. Her eyes opened as the icon lit up. A photo revealed itself to her. Arms crossed over a broad chest. Aviator glasses hid away a deep scowl. White bunny ears stood on top of onyx black hair.

The name, Ambryan, appeared on the bottom.

Eve had to cover her mouth.

'Is that Sir Hathaway?' She thought. A series of choked laughter escaped her lips. She clicked the photo. It led her to another window. She snorted, pressing her lips together, as her shoulders shook.

It seemed like she wasn't the only one with a premade profile.

.

'''

Name: Ambryan Hathaway

Age: 28.5

Education: College graduate

Occupation: CEO of Eros Productions

Bio: A man who values work. Don't be fooled by his 'permanent' scowl. Yan excels in time management! In fame! And in fortune! His rare smile can compare to the stars! He also works out regularly since he finds health as priority!

P.S. I love you, son!

'''

.

Eve shook her head.

When she finished reading, it became harder to hold in her laughter. She doubled over the table, hiding her face. Her boss had to be in a bad mood. She already expected the worst for the upcoming chat.

Then again, he survived through four women. He must have calmed down—

—unless they didn't go well.