CH 34: The First First Date

Eve felt her stomach expand.

The strings around her torso did not help. She devoured the food like her life depended on it. Not only did every bite go to her stomach but they also went to her heart. Stitz Bristo now owned her foodie soul.

No wonder Andie bought their book.

No wonder Ambryan loved this place.

She also fell into its spell, not regretting anything.

"I take it the food is to your liking?" Ambryan asked. He brewed another cup of tea, already finished with his course meal. His posture relaxed on his seat as he sipped his tea.

Eve cut a piece of the chocolate cupcake. She made sure to get a bit of its purple icing. She loved how it was the right amount of sweetness. From her guess, it had some white chocolate and a bit of cream cheese.

"Mr. Hathaway, do you not have any conditions of your own?" She suddenly asked, remembering how he never answered. She chewed faster and swallowed the cupcake. "I doubt that you opened the topic without having any in mind."

Ambryan kept his gaze on the teacup. "Mine focuses on after the 9 months end."

"Is that so?"

It seemed reasonable. Now that he mentioned it, Eve realized its importance. Would they never talk again? She had to let Evangeline go at some point. Her double identity couldn't last forever, especially around Ambryan.

Others may think that Evangeline Reed was only a stage name. But, it could backfire someday.

Eve put down the fork. She drank some water to wash down the chocolate in her throat. "What do you have in mind?"

She gave him her full attention, trying to focus. This was important. She felt glad that he took the initiative. They wouldn't need to worry about it when the time comes. She just assumed it would be the same as his previous breakups.

Hopefully, not with her breaking up with Evangeline.

It wouldn't even make sense after her demands.

She thanked her wits for thinking of them. She would worry less now about clashing with her other identity and job. It solved many future problems. She gave herself a mental pat on the back.

Ambryan leaned on the table. His violet met hers. They shined just like her crimson hair. The sunlight from the window illuminated them, making them stand out from her fair skin. The cat-eye liner added a sultry effect to the round shape.

"We'll part ways, of course." He declared, not questioned.

Eve nodded her head once. "Of course."

Ambryan stirred the tea with only his wrist. His gaze scrutinized her face. She stared back with an unshakeable determination. He really found nothing. No hint of a hidden intention or motive.

Instead of being frustrated, he felt content—which encouraged him to say his next words.

"My offer of doubling my mother's bargain still stands."

"Wait, what?" Eve gasped, scowling. Her blood simmered in her veins as she glowered at him. Her voice came out through gritted teeth. "For what reason would you give me that money? To never contact you after?"

'Why is this brought up again?' She asked herself. Wasn't her opinion earlier clear? Or was it for another situation? It had been a week since that conversation. Her assumption for the deal was to quit the site.

So it turned out to be this one instead?

"It's for cooperating with me in a fake relationship," Ambryan explained. He raised a skeptical eyebrow. "You do understand that it's fake and no one could know about it?"