CH 19: The Fourth Out of Five

Kiri leaped on top of the table.

She sat on her hinge legs. Her pale purple eyes stared at her hooman. Ambryan leaned on the backrest, his hand shielding his eyes. Another button on his dress shirt was unclasped. He used the time interval for a quick rest.

Talking to three women exhausted him.

"Meow."

Ambryan put his hand down, finally meeting his cat's stare. Kiri wore a satisfied expression. Wet cat food stained her lips. He opened a different drawer and took out a tissue. He wiped off the leftover salmon flakes. The cat sneezed when he threw the tissue away.

"There you go," Ambryan told her as she yawned. He grabbed the anti-radiation glasses from the table and put them on. Patting her head, he turned back to the computer. "Go sleep. It's nap time"

"Meow, meow!" Kiri yawned one last time before she tucked in her legs and lied down. Her head nestled on her front legs. Her bushy tail wrapped around her, keeping her warm. A light snore vibrated in her throat.

Only two gray circles were left. The rest were moved to a tab that Ambryan couldn't access yet. Once he finished these, he could finally go back to more important matters.

The 4th circle lit.

It revealed a beautiful girl with pale skin, light blonde hair and amber eyes. Her plump pink lips glinted against the artificial light. It also emphasized the gold hue in her eyes.

Ambryan exhaled sharply, clicking on the photo. He skimmed through her profile. He already knew this woman. She might be the only he'd recognized out of everyone. Her father and him had several business transactions over the years.

.

'''
Name: Jane Wilson

Age: 24

Education: College graduate

Interests: Interior design, fashion, cosmetics

Bio: I'm Jane. I appreciate beautiful things. I invest in many couture items like bags. When taken care of, their value goes up and reaches double the original price. I personalized all my belongings. Just a little Jane kind of touch to them. I guess you can say, I always know what I want.

'''

.

Ambryan felt a headache coming.

He wondered why his mother picked younger women. They still had the energy of teenagers—at least, the residue of it. They'd drain him more than his work ever did. Was it some kind of ploy? What would her reasoning be for this?

Shaking his head, Ambryan typed out his first message.

.

''Yan: Jane, why are you here?''

''Jane: Ambryan! Good to see you! And is that any way to greet a friend?''

''Yan: If you really are a friend then, you know that I go straight to the point.''

''Jane: Hmm...''

''Jane: Fair enough. I'm here because I wanted to help Aunt Avery. She gets really heartbroken every time she hears about your dating life. I told her that if there is any way for me to help, I'd be more than glad to do it. So here I am!''

.

Ambryan pressed his index fingers together, lacing the others. He placed them against his forehead and his nose. His violet shut closed as he scowled. This woman was the daughter of his business partner. It wouldn't be good if this conversation ended on a bad note.