CH 41: 221Bakery Street

A cell phone blasted out the current popular songs on the charts. It had gone through all 50 of them several times since the afternoon.

It now went back to the first song at the top.

Andie danced around the kitchen. According to the timer, the cupcakes in the oven should be done soon. It was the second recipe she followed from 'D&D Cookbook.' Since the pizza turned out to be a success, she became motivated to try more.

Maybe she could even take some tips and use it at the bakery.

Her head snapped up when the front door opened. She stopped moving and peeked out of the doorway. A head of red hair walked inside the apartment. Pink ruffles fluttered around slender legs. The sling bag dropped to the floor, its metal accessories clattering from the impact.

Andie snorted.

A teasing smile blossomed on her face. She lowered the music's volume and called out to Eve. "So... how did the date go? Did he faint from your beauty?"

Her right hand grabbed an oven mitt from the counter. She slipped it on and checked the cupcakes. "He better have because I did an awesome job with your hair and makeup. Otherwise, I need to do better next time."

Eve headed for the kitchen. She placed the bag on the kitchen island and slumped on a stool. "I am so tired. My body aches so much. "

Closing her eyes, her forehead banged on the surface. She folded her arms over the counter and lifted her head. Her temple rested against the back of her hand. A relaxing breath exhaled out of her nose.

She could probably fall asleep in a few seconds.

"Already?" Andie questioned. The hot baking tray slammed against the kitchen island. Her stormy blue eyes widened in accusation. "Don't tell me you did it?!"

'Did what?' Eve thought groggily. She moaned and rubbed her nose against her arm. Her senses perceived little, processing things at a slow pace. Her brain buffered at the statement. It took a bit of time before the words sank in.

...

...

...

...

Eve woke up instantly.

Her eyes flashed open.

Her spine straightened up.

"Hell, no!" She yelled at her best friend, her nostrils flaring. Her face became red as a tomato. If smoke could come out of her ears, it would. She could feel her skin grow hot. It could rival a steam boiler.

'Well, that's one way to revive someone.' Andie cackled as she sat down. Her arms wrapped around her stomach at the comical sight. The reactions still made her laugh, no matter how many times she'd seen it before.

Her best friend was just too cute not to tease.

Eve narrowed her gaze into a glare. "Andie!"

"Just joking. I know you wouldn't let that happen." Andie snorted. She pulled off the mitten and transferred the cupcakes on a cooling rack. The purple paper cups stood out in the room. "Your horrified expression is so cute."

Eve rolled her eyes and put her head back down. "Fine, fine. Tease me."

Andie shook her head, placing her hands on her hips. She had been waiting all day for this. No way would she let her best friend ruin it. "But, seriously. How did it go? Did you find out anything about your boss that you didn't know before?"