CH 45: The Magical Symphony

Eri and Ede sat at the backseat of a BMW M3, buckled in safely.

Excitement elated their faces as the city became a blur outside the car windows. Both had agreed to attend a summer class for music. After breakfast, the twins could hardly wait. They dragged their older sister outside and headed for the car.

Eve wasn't able to refuse. She chuckled at the memory and peeked at the rearview mirror. Her sisters swayed their heads to the radio music while they quietly sang lyrics.

It didn't take long for her to find the music school.

The building seemed to be a refurbished shop. The walls had been painted white while the roof had orange asphalt. It only had two floors with a large window at the front. Music note stickers decorated the glass. It also had recreated a music sheet's staff, making it flow like a wave.

The middle had thick cursive letters that read,

''The Magical Symphony''

"We're here!" Eri exclaimed. She tried to get up but the seat belt yanked her back. Ede followed her line of sight. Their brown eyes widened in amazement. Things suddenly felt more real.

They were actually going to learn an instrument.

Eve parked the car at the nearest vacant spot. She killed the engine and climbed out first. Since the girls were in a hurry, she only had time to slip on a gray t-shirt dress. The hem almost reached her knees. She paired it with white sneakers. They felt comfortable on her feet after wearing heels for the past few days.

Eri and Ede climbed out at her side of the car. The two girls sprinted for the entrance. It was made of mahogany with square glass windows. A wind chime hung at the top. They waited for their older sister to join them.

But then, the door opened.

Their heads snapped towards it.

"Oh!" The woman gasped.

"Ah!" The twins yelled.

The woman chuckled at their faces. She tilted her head to one and observed the two. A gentle smile blossomed on her face. "I don't think I've seen you before. Are you new students?"

Eri and Ede exchanged looks. Their mouths clamped shut at the sight of a stranger. They had been trained not to talk to one without a guardian around. To outsiders, it seemed that they had a silent conversation, fuelling the theory that twins had telepathy.

"It's okay. I don't bite." The woman coaxed. The sunlight from outside glistened in her jade green eyes. It also brought out the golden tones of tight ginger curls. She held out a hand for them to shake. "I'm a teacher here. My name is Mila. What's yours?"

The girls remained silent and hid their hands behind their backs.

Mila found it peculiar but cute.

"Geez, you guys are fast." Eve called out as she caught up to her sisters. Her head shook at them. "You couldn't have waited for me beside the car? I had to—oh!"

Her brown eyes spotted Mila. Her mouth opened and closed like a goldfish. She blinked at the sudden presence. It seemed like they weren't alone. Feeling embarrassed by her outburst, she scratched the back of her neck and pressed her lips together.

Mila shifted her attention.

"You must be their guardian. Hi, I'm Mila," she greeted Eve, directing the raised hand towards her. "These two are so adorable. I can't get them to speak though. Such a shame."

"Oh!" Eve exclaimed, breaking out of her daze. She shook the teacher's hand and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm Everlee. I'm their older sister. Yeah, they were told not to talk to strangers alone."