CH 14: Burst of Bravado

Eve gripped Mikael's hand firmly.

Her hazel eyes bore into his radiant blue ones. She stared back, unwavered by his aloof attitude. When he narrowed his gaze by a millimeter, she merely blinked in return and widened her smile.

She had played this game many times.

"I'm guessing you have some critique on my performance?" Eve asked, pulling her hand back. Her head tilted to the side, adding coyness to her expression. "Don't worry. I'm prepared for the worst. There's always room for improvement, correct?"

"Hm," Mikael grunted under his breath. He tucked both of his hands inside his pockets. "There were some angles that weren't flattering. The pose was good but angled wrongly, it doesn't look as impressive."

"I do agree." Eve nodded, aware of her faults. She glanced up the ceiling and crossed her arms over her chest. Her mind relived the shoot. "There were also a few camera blocking."

"For you," he clarified. "But not for the product."

She arched an eyebrow. "So it's passable?"

Mikael considered her question with depth. His gaze remained intense and vigilant. "Not always but the star of the shoot is the product. If you block it, you can't be a model."

"Just like the main ingredient of a dish," Eve compared, thinking out loud. "The spices and other ingredients should compliment it, not overpower it. If that happens, the name of the dish and its main ingredient loses their significance."

"Precisely."

She dropped her hand and shook her head. A sigh escaped her lips. She chuckled in order to lighten the tense atmosphere. "Well, hopefully, I do better next time."

"That would depend on you."

"True." She nodded, hoisting up her skirt. This was her chance to leave. She entertained both guests enough. "Anyway, it was nice meeting you, Sir Davis, and you as well, Sir Dawson. Will you excuse me? I would like to change."

"By all means," Jordan answered for both of them. He grabbed his friend's arms and took on step towards the door. "We also need to leave. We have to be up early tomorrow for a shoot. I look forward to meeting you again in this industry."

Eve forced herself to stay pleasant. "We shall see. Do have a good day."

Her feet escaped the scene before anything else could happen. She wasn't sure what came over her. She acted on a whim and stated the mistakes she noticed. It was whenever she felt off balance—whether from the pose, the lack of new ideas or the awkward position of one body part.

That clutch bag had stumped her after three poses.

. . . . .

A hand hit Mikael's arm.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, turning his head towards the source. "Luna, really?"

Ebony eyes glared in disapproval. Luna Athon had her nostrils flared. If possible, smoke would have risen out of her ears. "You thought she was that kind of model, didn't you?"

She shook her head and bared her teeth, jabbing a finger in his direction. "For your information, she had no idea about this shoot until she came here. She did not know it was for Athon Corporation. Don't associate her with those scheming people."

"I'm very disappointed in you," she huffed, walking away. She shifted her attention to the bags. They needed to be packed and transported. "I'll celebrate your return another time."

Mikael pressed his lips together, clenching his hands into fists. He didn't dare to say anything back. His eyes hooded as he spun on his heel. He stormed out of the room without a second look.