CH 60: To Divide and Conquer

"Babes, I don't know if you saw it but that walk was LIT. Evangeline Reed is FIRE! Does anyone know her socials? I'll follow all of them."

"You heard it here, folks! Luna Athon drops Rainbow Collection with the freshest models of the industry. Will they blaze through the sky with their own marks?"

"Evangeline Reed kicks off the launch with a bang! Wow! Never seen a more fiery display! She embodied the color red. She is red. Red is she. The collection's Ruby swept the crowd in a sea of flames!"

"Such a beautiful array of women! Luna Athon set the standards yet again for diversity representation. What would she do next for her next product launch? We can't wait!"

"More than just the spotlight, Evangeline Reed captured hearts as well from the audience. From the strong entrance to the dazzling smile and to the heartwarming exchange with Luna Athon, this girl will not be forgotten anytime soon!"

The reporters faced their cameras or talked into their recorders. The event continued before their eyes. DSLR cameras captured still images for the articles. In social platforms, #RainbowLaunch became top trending and attracted more public attention.

Ambryan ignored them.

"Evangeline did so amazing, don't you think so?" His mother gushed beside him, tapping his chest with the back of her hand. She watched as the other models took the spotlight. The cool colors settled for a serene walk, depicting the tranquility of water.

Ambryan ignored her as well.

His attention focused on a redhead. She stood by the side, hidden away in the shadows. The rotating spotlights fixated on the platform and the grand staircase. Their brightness lured people into the current event display.

None of them witnessed Evangeline's moment of vulnerability.

She tilted her head up, her eyes blinking at the ceiling. It was a common gesture when suppressing tears. Her index finger patted the corners of her eyes. It made sure not to smudge her makeup. The moment ended as soon as it started.

She directed her gaze back on the platform and clapped along with the crowd. A soft smile stretched her lips. Her expression changed into a charming one. No one would have noticed that something was amiss.

It made Ambryan frown.

He had lifted one foot when he remembered their agreement. They were not to interact until the party ended. After this introduction, the bags would be unveiled from their hiding spots. Athon Luxury would take in orders. Part of their sales already came from admission fees.

Uninvited guests needed to pay in order to buy the bags ahead of the masses. This helped them minimize the number of attendees, keeping the VIP access's prestige.

During this time, Evangeline told him that she'd mingle with potential clients. She'd also conduct interviews to accentuate the image she wanted to portray. Every second counted for her to establish her individuality. She would maximize the possibilities and make them worth it.

This was the time he absolutely could not approach her.

And he had almost failed.

Ambryan finished off his red wine. He placed it on a waiter's tray as the latter passed by. Luckily, it was a server that carried the same beverage. He grabbed a new one and drank half of it.

His mother had left his side without him knowing.

"Woah, Yan!" Richard protested. He grabbed his best friend's wrist, pulling the glass away. "Are you okay? What is up with you? Why are you trying to make yourself drunk?"