CH 57: The Red Carpet Fiasco

A launch party from Athon Corporation was almost like a movie premier. The company set up a red carpet out front, where reporters and the media could catch a glimpse. Selected few were allowed to enter and cover the whole event. Valet attendants stood at the ready if a vehicle lacked a chauffeur.

The end of the carpet led to a three-story building. See-through glass made up its front walls. Artificial trees made of gold, silver and bronze stood at either side of the entrance. Twinkle lights lit up, glowing against the sunset.

One after another, cars rolled up to the red carpet. Celebrities and famous personalities flowed out and strolled down its path. They posed in front of the cameras, accepting the occasional interviews and signing a few autographs.

The driver side of a black Jaguar XK opened. A valet supervisor tapped his subordinate, nudging the latter towards the convertible. He held his hand out for the keys and exchanged it with a card number.

Ambryan Hathaway hid it in his inner breast pocket and walked around the hood, entering the scene.

Alone.

"Here it is, folks! CEO of Eros Productions himself has joined the array of celebrities!" A blonde female reporter spoke to a video camera. She held up a microphone and updated viewers live from the main event.

She faked a gasp. "And what is this? Were the rumors wrong? Is Ambryan Hathaway still single?"

At the other side of the red carpet, another small reporter filmed through a cellular phone. He had a mic connected to the device and filled the footage with his high-pitched voice.

"Daddy Ambryan Hathaway is in the house! Ah! Does anyone believe those articles about his new woman? I am telling you, babes. This is one predator that is impossible to capture. Mm-mm."

An aspiring singer-songwriter stepped out of the spotlight and pulled out her phone. She took a short break just to send a post to her followers.

'' Ambryan came alone. Huhu. I was so looking forward to meeting his new lover. Her dress in those photos was *insert chef's kiss* ''

In the midst of it all, the man himself walked straight. His eyes never met a single reporter. The other guests whispered among themselves. The articles trended during the past week. Almost all of the famous socialites had heard about it.

None of them dared to come up to him.

He almost reached the building entrance when a young man stumbled upon his path. The latter tripped over his own feet and almost slammed against the CEO. It caught the attention of bystanders.

Ambryan halted in his steps, avoiding the collision.

The young man gulped and slowly straightened his posture. His gray eyes fidgeted as he gazed up at the rumored film tycoon. The same uneasiness shook in his voice.

"M-Mr. Hathaway!" He said. "I'm sorry about this. Good thing you have such fast reflexes. I heard about the new tv series by the way. Congratulations on the new project! How are auditions coming along? Are you—"

Trapped by the entrance, reporters raced to grab the chance. They flocked around the CEO and fired their questions. Each one fought for the hottest scoop. They wanted to be the first on the latest news.

Their voices filled Ambryan's ears.

"Mr. Hathaway, are the articles true?"

"Did you get married in secret?"

"Is she the reason behind your breakup with Charlee Edwards?"

"Mr. Hathaway, witnesses mentioned about your closeness at the skating rink. Do you have any comments?"