CH 17: The Second Out of Five

'''
Name: Rachelle Ann

Age: 23

Education: College graduate

Occupation: Novelist

Bio: If you've been into any bookstores lately, then you may have already seen my name on books. If not, I'm Rachelle Ann, author of the 'Love Me, Bite Me' series. I like rabbits, tarts and sweet fluffy things xD

Aiming to get my books produced in a certain production company *wink wink*

'''

For her profile picture, Rachel sat behind a desk with a black ponytail. She turned to her right and smiled at the camera. One hand cupped her cheek while the other rested on the laptop keyboard. Her caramel eyes crinkled at the corners.

Unlike Zara, Ambryan could already see her intentions. He could discern her true motive from there. It seemed that his struggle would again be—waiting for the 30 minutes to finish. He had rejected most questions from the first conversation.

There was no point to answer personal questions when they'd never talk again.

.

''Yan: Hello, Ms. Rachelle. What deal did you have with my mother for you to join this site?''

''Rachelle: Well, it is an opportunity to meet one of the most eligible bachelors in the country, she didn't need to do much convincing honestly. *laughs* plus this might make for an interesting story, don't you think?''

.

Ambryan narrowed his eyes.

She surely sounded youthful. Her messages were also informal. He typed slowly, forming a response. She hadn't actually answered his question, trying to avoid it. He needed to get it out of her.

.

''Yan: I see... How did you meet my mother then? I don't imagine she handed out flyers in the street.''

''Rachelle: Ah, didn't you know, your mother loves my books? I didn't realized someone like her would ask for signed copies of my work, but she's a true romantic :D ''

.

Ambryan frowned.

.

''Yan: I do know she's a romantic. She starred in many romance movies. Are you to tell me she offered nothing in exchange for this opportunity?''

.

The other party paused. She probably hadn't expected to hear the question again. Whatever she'd reply would decide her character. After writing that kind of bio, he would have thought she'd answer it directly.

.

''Rachelle: I think I may have jumped on the opportunity too quickly, but she did say, she'd talk with the producers in making a film from my top selling book, regardless of outcomes. *happy smile* I think she needed a certain number of girls so there you have it.''

.

'Now, we're getting somewhere,' Ambryan pondered on his next move. This time, he'd make sure the conversation revolved on the other party. By letting her talk while he asked the questions, it would eliminate any chance to ask about his personal life.

.

''Yan: If you can pitch your book in 35 words, what would it be?''

.

The chat window became inactive once again. It seemed that Ms. Rachelle had been stumped. For someone who wanted a film opportunity, she should have been better prepared. This waning confidence wouldn't be seen as something good.