CH 31: A Bit of Strawberry Innocence

Eve let out a deep breath.

Cale's aqua blue eyes calmed down her growing nerves. She noticed that her body was shaking. The realization hit her like a ton of bricks, sinking her heart. This was too much. She couldn't always be nervous.

For that to change, she needed to take the necessary steps.

"Okay."

"Good!" Cale remarked. He shifted his focus back on the catalog and waved his hand over his shoulder. "I'll leave you to it while I try to see what outfit works for anything."

Eve nodded, taking out her phone. She downloaded the app yesterday by using Avery's email link. The design surprised her. It no longer had the same color palette. The red, gold and gray were gone. Instead, the icon's background was violet. It illuminated as if its center had a flashlight underneath.

Of course, the web address became the app name.

'Date' 'The' 'CEO' were divided into three rows and fit the square space. When she clicked on it, it would lead her to the home page. Five purple buttons filled her screen in a swivel. Each had a symbol and a name underneath.

> Chat

> Call

> Memories

> Calendar

> Capture

Eve picked the first one. The window already contained their previous conversations from the website. It had added features like voice recording, camera and attachments option. She found it standard for a messaging app. Unlike the vibrant colors of the icon and the home page, this one had a simple white mauve background. The header contained the violet color and Ambryan's profile picture.

She clicked on the new message bar at the bottom.

.

''Lin: Good evening, Mr. Hathaway.''

.

Eve scrunched her brows. She almost used 'Sir Hathaway'. Luckily, she noticed right away and changed her mode of addressing him. A check mark showed up under her message. She sneaked a peek at Cale. The catalog had several post-it marks now. It came from a pad provided on the coffee table.

She assumed it was to make it easier for the staff.

Her phone vibrated in her hands.

.

''Yan: Good evening, Ms. Evangeline.''

.

Eve pressed her lips together. He replied quicker than she thought. Work ended about an hour ago. Ambryan insisted the use of the office wasn't essential since he had one at his penthouse. Since he prioritized the meeting with the board, he only needed a computer and a stable connection.

This was a rare time when her work demanded little of her.

'What would Evangeline say?' She thought as she typed on the keypad.

.

''Lin: Not busy tonight? I had the impression that you never sleep.''

''Yan: How absurd. Wouldn't that mean my mother lied when she wrote that I find health as a priority?''

.

'He did seem fit.' Eve remembered. She'd seen him help out when they needed to move fast. He lifted a large box easily on one shoulder, keeping his posture straight. Not a crease appeared on his clothes. His sophistication stayed untouched.