CH 18: The Third Out of Five

Mila stared at her laptop screen.

She sat on her bed, her back leaning on the wall. A yellow pillow cushioned the laptop from the underneath. It provided a barrier between its hot bottom case and her lap. Ginger curls framed her oval face. She wore a blue camisole and a pair of white shorts

Nothing popped up in the chat window

She squinted her jade green eyes. Her message clearly had the 'read' status. What kept the other party from replying? Curious, she checked out her own profile. She wondered if it left a bad impression of her.

.

'''

Name: Mila Clark

Age: 27

Education: Master's Degree

Occupation: Musical Composer

Bio: I'm a songwriter who dabbles in classical music, mixing the genre with modern song styles. I've travelled the world by playing the violin. After that adventure, I have opened a small music studio where I teach children several instruments.

'''

.

For her photo, she chose one of her with the piano. Avery advised it would be good to showcase her interests. She even had a composition ready. She kept them all in an external drive plus a backup one.

It delighted her when the madam remembered her. She had heard stories about the infamous CEO of Eros Productions. Avery's accounts were more interesting than the tabloids. They chatted about him whenever they hung out—even for a brief moment.

"Now, where is this Ambryan? His mother won't like that he turned up late." She thought out loud, shaking her head at the screen. She rested her cheek against a fist. "Maybe it's a work emergency. I can only wait I guess."

Mila opened her lesson plan. She split the screen into two windows so she'd see if a message came right away. The room's air-conditioning hummed in the air. The low purr reminded her of a pleased cat. If she closed her eyes, she could almost imagine it.

Soon, a soft melody played in her head.

Her eyes flashed open and her hands went to work. A digital piano appeared on the laptop screen. On top of the bars, a blank music sheet waited for her composition.

Mila played out the line. The notes came from the lower range just like her air-conditioner. When she moved to the next one, her theme remained the same. It wasn't until the third did she incorporate a cat's purr. She merely recorded the notes before they flew out of her mind.

The real soundtrack would emerge later which included a violin.

A notification came from her web browser.

.

''Yan: Ms. Clark, I apologize for the late response. I had matters that needed to be taken care of.''

.

Mila changed windows.

.

''Mila: It is quite alright. Did everything turn out okay? If you don't mind me asking, what were the matters that needed your immediate attention?''

.

After the quick reply, she returned to the digital piano. The next notes flowed out, following the changes of a cat's purr. She included the rise and fall of the pitch. The air-condition stayed as the base.