CH 30: Commence Eh-Vree-Yan

"A promotion?!" Andie exclaimed.

She sat on a stool, eating from a plate on the kitchen island. A homemade pizza covered a circular tray. It filled up the center space. 4 types of cheese coated on top of sliced tomatoes and the sauce. Other than sprinkles of mozzarella, parmesan and cheddar, the pizza also had bite cubes of feta cheese.

A whole world of flavor exploded in every bite.

"Yes, a promotion." Eve confirmed, sitting across from her best friend. She picked up her can of root beer and sipped. They were having a mini party since Andie was gone for three days. Both girls wore their favorite sleepwear of fuzzy pajamas and yoga pants.

"Holy shi—!" Andie choked. She put down her pizza slice and drank from some water. "We have to celebrate! Let's arrange another picnic. I will make a feast."

A promotion after 5 years of service! Her best friend deserved it. She'd knee anyone who would protest. Not everyone could keep up with a demanding CEO. Eve also dealt with his dates and his family members—something out of her job description.

"I am not being promoted yet." Eve placed the can back on the table. She ripped off a piece of her pizza. Then, she dipped it in marinara sauce. She loved how the feta cheese would burst in her mouth.

Her best friend scowled. "Why not?"

"It's just an option for the future. I need training first."

'Lots of training,' she added to herself and chewed slowly. She had no idea what to expect. Her boss demanded excellence. If she slipped up once, it might trigger him. She wanted to avoid that at all costs.

If she used Evangeline and asked him the details, would that be considered cheating? If Ambryan found out, she could just explain that she wanted to do an exceptional job. He'd forgive that, wouldn't he?

Wouldn't he?

"Well," Andie huffed. She placed her hands on her hips and tilted her head to the side. The light reflected in her stormy blue eyes. "How are you going to train?"

"Sir Hathaway will." Eve answered. She tore another piece. This time, she used both marinara and cheese sauce. The latter had a bit of jalapeno. It brought the pizza to new levels. Maybe next time they'd have more toppings.

"He will..." Andie dragged, cocking an eyebrow. "Teach you?"

Eve licked her bottom lip. She tasted a dash of cheese sauce. "Sort of?"

Her best friend shook her head, scoffing. She shifted her gaze towards her plate. Unlike Eve, Andie enjoyed her cheese pizza just the way it is. She did add a bit of hot sauce sometimes though.

"I don't know which I ship better," she started to say, taking a bite. "Everlee and Ambryan or Evangeline and Ambryan?"

"Neither." Eve choked on a piece. The jalapeno burned in her throat. She closed her eyes as rapid fire spread across her neck. Her hand tapped on the kitchen island, searching for her root beer. She drained all of it in one gulp.

The can clattered on the table when she slammed it down. She panted, catching her breath.

'Evangeline and Ambryan' Eve understood since they would date—but 'Everlee and Ambryan'? As secretary and CEO? Highly unlikely. Because of the five rules, they maintained a pure business relationship. More than that was impossible.

Andie pouted her lips. "Aw, come on. Evryan has a ring to it."

Eve was glad that she hadn't eaten anything yet. Her best friend's statement almost caused another choking incident. It might be for the best that she wouldn't take another bite until the topic changed.