CH 10: Polished Beauty of a Gemstone

Eve clutched the wig in two fists. Long luscious waves of scarlet flowed down to her waist. Cale lived up to his claim. The strands were real human hair. She felt it under her touch. She could almost pretend that it was her old hair.

Except, the color was a bit more vibrant than her natural one.

A knock came from the door. "Eve? Are you ready?"

"Almost," she replied, letting go of the wig.

She looked down.

The toga hugged her figure. It emphasized her small waist and draped down to her feet. The fabric spread around her, covering most of the changing room's floor. Two thin straps held the dress up and formed a square neckline. It had no belt. It had no embellishments.

She almost mistook it for a pile of bedsheets.

Eve bent down and gathered the hem. It wouldn't be good to walk around with it scraping the floor. It would dirty the bone white color easily. She reached for the door knob and turned it. The wooden flooring felt cold under her bare feet.

Cale and Avery stood outside, chatting with another. Their heads turned when Eve walked out of the changing room. Soft gasps escaped their lips. The dress rippled in several areas, giving the illusion that she wore a blanket. It exposed her elegant shoulders and slim arms.

Avery was stunned speechless! Pure awe warmed her heart. How could such a beautiful girl work as a secretary? One that hid her beauty no less. No wonder the staff told Eve to change her style of appearance.

Her son's dates would have given her an even harder time!

"Oh my goodness!" Cale squealed, taking a step forward. "You look so good. Do you want to see yourself now? Be warned. You're going to be in shock. Close your eyes for a bit."

Eve did as she was told.

Now, she truly felt nervous. Her lips became cold. Her breathing shallowed. Would it really work? Would she look different? Cale worked on her makeup with light touches. She wondered if he even put anything on.

Cale skipped over to the full length mirror near the racks of clothes. He pulled it closer to Eve. Nothing could stop the wide grin on his lips. His tank of energy was overfilled. He felt like he was part of something truly incredible,

The making of a new star.

He checked on the mirror's position one last time before he gave his approval. "Alright! You can look now."

Eve opened her eyes slowly.

Hazel contact lenses stared back at her. She breathed in a gasp. She almost didn't recognize herself. She stepped forward, getting a closer look. Cale had used minimal makeup like he said.

False lashes and cateye liner framed her eyes. Soft-arched eyebrows hovered above them. High cheekbones appeared on either side of a cute button nose. Cherry red lips glistened with gloss and glitter. Full scarlet bangs covered her forehead, thin strands lining on either side of her face.

'Were my lips always this plump?' Eve thought.

What she marveled the most was the wig.

Under the lights, golden highlights shined through. The waves almost matched the toga's. It seemed more crimson than scarlet now that she had a better look. She still thought it was close to her real hair color.

"This is amazing," Eve said, still admiring the handiwork. "You truly are a fairy godmother, Cale."

Cale flipped his invisible long hair. "I can't take all the credit. I only brought out what was already there. You have been gifted by the heavens with such an aesthetic beauty. Only people who know how to look can see it unless we show it to them."