CH 59: The Ruby of the Rainbow

The video cut into another montage.

Despite the blank background, the editors managed to insert photos that replicated Ancient Rome. The young woman strolled great halls, walked away from a river, and became a fountain decor. The lighting and shadowing changes emphasized her red color.

It ignited under the darkness.

It shined under the sun.

Being out of place, the bags still managed to steal most of the show. But, they couldn't easily ignore the young woman either. She breathed life into the photos—even as a statue.

Even as a lazy person on a chaise.

Ambryan gripped the wine glass tighter. The bone white dress hung loosely on Evangeline's shoulders. The excess fabric draped over her body, hugging every curve but also lumping together.

Like a pile of bedsheets.

Like only a pile of bedsheets.

Around Evangeline.

A dark look clouded over his eyes. Storms thundered above his head. The campaign may say it was Ancient Rome inspired but he saw the subtleties. There was an allure to the toga's style.

It was intriguing and amorous.

Avery gave him the side-eye. Even without looking, she sensed the rumbling of a thunderstorm. Something her son projected whenever he faced a difficult problem or a frustrating situation.

She found his gaze on the LED screens.

While the rest saw the products, he beheld the model.

Her lips curled into a smirk. It seemed that their plan for Eve's attractiveness worked somehow—though Ambryan might not be aware of it.

The video faded on the photo of Eve with a luggage bag. Instead of using different photo locations, the editors chose the progression of civilization and took her into the 21st century with an airport background.

White cursive letters wrote one line,

''Add a little red for a bit of spice in your life''

On cue, Luna's voice echoed around the room, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my ruby model, Ms. Evangeline Reed!"

A round of applause came to support her. Their eyes travelled up the grand staircase and onto the indoor balcony. The gold curtains of an archway parted open. Darkness filled up the space behind it, contrasting against the bright ballroom.

Avery clapped the loudest among the onlookers. Although she witnessed the shoot, the video had blown her away. Eve had blown her away for the second time.

She couldn't wait for a third.

For a moment, nothing happened. The balcony remained vacant. No one stepped out of the shadows. The music shifted to a pop song. Its beat brought the audience to the modern times. The song started out soft until the refrain.

Then, it increased in volume, bringing the suspense higher and higher. The singer paused just before the chorus.

When the first note hit, it exploded in flares of upbeat and sassy music. The hype transcended the peak. The burst of instruments and energy served as the perfect point for an entrance.

And Eve knew it.

She emerged from the archway with a fierce expression on her face. Unlike her promo photos, flaming crimson red flowed from her shoulders and down to her feet. Her hair sat on top of her head. The style framed her face like a halo.