CH 63: Detecting and Avoiding Danger

"You're worried that your boyfriend would misunderstand?"

"I'm worried that a lot of people would misunderstand." Eve snorted. A sigh escaped her lips. She checked the perimeter for any suspicious person. "Even your presence can cause a misunderstanding."

Mikael gave her a skeptical look. "We're colleagues."

"And I am not your only colleague," she pointed out with a frown. Now that she thought about it, she realized that this conversation might lead to rumors. Her temple pulsed in pain. Did she need to stay alert like this? And this was just the beginning of this life.

That reporter might suspect that Mikael was her boyfriend—which would lead his admirers towards her. If any of them had ill feelings...

It could spark a fire of unnecessary drama.

...

...

...

...

...

A few meters away, the Rainbow Collection took over the spotlight. They had many to go through since there were seven colors. Each set both offered similar styles and different ones with the other six colors. All of them had trimmings within the range of gold, silver and bronze.

Three young women stood by the display. They'd walk and inspect each bag, debating which ones to purchase. Their focus went to the exclusive designs of each set since they held more value.

On the outside, they seem to be doing just that.

On the inside, their conversation sounded far different.

"Well, well... look at that." One of them remarked, her blonde hair falling like a curtain at the side of her face. Her deep brown eyes peeked through the strands. "Never knew a rookie could be so shameless."

"Which?" Her companion snapped her head and searched from the left to the right. The podium allowed them to stand above the crowd and to see everyone's faces. Despite this, it didn't make the search any quicker.

"Over there. By the mini bar, Harper," Nicole scoffed and rolled her eyes. "That Evangeline is talking to Mikael Davis."

Harper found the pair. She scrunched her dark eyebrows. They seemed to be talking like normal people. Their distance proved that much.

"They're in the same agency, right?" She asked.

Nicole gave her the side-eye. She grew impatient on the inside. "That may be true but Mikael doesn't mingle with a lot of female models. He dislikes being associated since it leads to rumors."

A magazine shared the exclusive scoop on this subject. It became a hot topic and increased the model's popularity among the ladies. His fans also became quite protective overnight,

Including herself.

"Isn't that a little too..." Harper trailed off. Her corner lip curled down, showing her left dimple. "I don't know. I mean, he can't avoid all of them."

"True but the only ones he ever talks to are the ones in the same project." Nicole moved on to the next bag. She divided her attention between the item and the mini bar. The mini lights illuminated her navy blue evening gown.

Harper nodded in understanding. "So that rookie is in the same project?"

"Probably." Nicole clicked her tongue and watched the pair. The way Evangeline had her body angled towards Mikael left a bitter taste in her mouth. "Except, Mikael Davis is way out of her league. Why do you think they'd be in the same project then?"