CH 54: Always Knock Before Entering

Cale had taken the wig and knotted it into two upper braids. He kept it loose. He also pulled at the tresses so they covered the cap's rim. The hair tips had been rolled up into a bun, sitting at the nape of Eve's neck. He spread it like the braid until it resembled a sleek messy style.

As a finishing touch, he placed a wreath of golden laurel leaves on the inner rim. It complimented the gold chain of the pearl necklace. The eyeshadow shimmered in bronze and luminescent pearls. Cheeks shared the same warm tone.

Together, they emphasized a pair of cherry red lips.

"Ugh, you look like a ruby goddess," Cale shared with the shake of his head. He stood behind Eve and admired her reflecting. The lights from the vanity mirror made his model glow. "Ambryan better keep an eye on you before you're snatched by another guy."

Eve chuckled at his enthusiasm. Her sultry winged eyes smiled back at her. "That's only because I have such an amazing make-up artist and stylist."

"Dear, stop it," the modelling manager objected. He walked over to the table and arranged the products. "These will stay here for the time being. There's a note here about Evangeline's signature look. If you still don't feel confident, you can always video call me."

Eve smacked her lips together. Their fullness amazed her. Cale had used a variety of products. He had her convinced that this was an art piece by itself. The shades and the gloss created a painting of the red sea.

Then if she perked them up, they resembled a rose.

Simple yet an astonishing experience.

Her gaze flickered towards the make-up. They were only a handful compared to their first session. A playful smile blossomed on her lips as she watched him organize them inside the drawers. "You might have to teach me sometime."

Cale clapped his hands together. The mere thought of it heightened his energy.

"Oh, honey, I'd love to. I could spend an entire day on it for fun." The idea reminded him of slumber parties and girls' talk. Nostalgia hit him back to his youth. "We can even film it so you can use it as a future reference whenever you're unsure."

Eve shook her head. A confused look masked her face. How was this person real? He always put her first whenever possible. He never once demanded her to be a better model. Didn't it affect managers when their models lacked projects? How could he be lenient on her?

This amount of care just blew her away.

"Thanks, Cale," she uttered under her breath. Words seemed to have evaporated from her mind. "I don't think I say it often enough but all of your efforts... wow. I hope I can make you proud even if I'm an amateur."

This would be the night to catch the eye of other brands. She would find a way to repay him back.

"Don't worry. I can wait for you." Cale winked at her through the mirror. His index finger pointed at the bedroom door. "You can stay in the living room. I'll clean this up and get myself ready too."

"I figured you'd always be ready to party."

"I am. I just want to be a little extra tonight." He winked for the second time. Mischief glistened in his eyes. A giggle flowed out his closed lips. He said nothing more on the subject.

He didn't need to.

It was written all over his face.

Eve grinned from ear to ear. She leaned forward, giving him the side-eye. Her eyebrows wiggled as smirk curled her corner lip. "Do you have someone to impress?"