CH 49: Nagging Suspicions

"Now, that's done. How many times will Mikael appear in the series?" Luna asked, leaning back.

The meeting commenced at the CEO's office just as decided last minute. Ambryan sat on his chair while the two guests occupied the chairs on the other side of his desk. Eve created a space for herself at the edge of the table, angled away from Mikael's gaze since she sat behind him.

Each person had a glass of lemon water while the tarts had been transferred to a small plate. She arranged them in a circle. Together, they looked like a giant flower.

Eve kept her head low and typed on a laptop. Although Mikael couldn't see her, she didn't want to take the chance.

"One per season," Ambryan negotiated. Truth be told, an endorser wasn't necessary for the brand's advertisement in the series. Just the simple screen time for the logo to appear would be more than enough.

Luna frowned at the suggestion. "That is too little! People would forget it easily if he only appears for a few seconds."

"Well, if you plan to have him as a sales representative, safe to say, the characters can't always visit the shop."

"Who's to say that he can only be a sales representative?" She countered, crossing her arms over her chest. "Let it be a running gag that he only appears to showcase Athon Luxury."

Ambryan's lips thinned into a grim line. If they did it too much, the show would lose its credibility and the viewers would question if they were watching a long commercial instead.

"It doesn't have to be elaborate," Luna explained further, unable to back down, "Let's say the scene would be at an airport. Before the characters appear, have a shot where a tourist is talking on the phone with a luggage bag beside him. As if he was searching for his companion."

An image instantly played in Eve's mind. Mikael would easily stand out among extras. In her head, he wore a navy blue suit with his hand on a trolley bag. He would be standing still and talking on the phone. His colors would highlight him since they were coordinated.

She could see what Luna was implying, a commercial as part of the show. If a normal run was 15 minutes, Athon Corporation would want the same but cut into intervals.

"Brilliant."

Ambryan turned his head and so did the others. All of them looked at Eve who hid herself behind the laptop. She hung her head low until her chin almost touched the keyboard.

Unfortunately for her, her boss saw an opportunity from her outburst.

"Ms. Hart, since you are up for a promotion, why don't you share with us your insight on the matter?" Ambryan initiated. He swived his chair towards her and gave his full attention. He leaned back lazily, cradling the side of his face with three fingers—two on his temple and one under his chin.

Eve shut her eyes. She bit her tongue. A curse almost flew out of her lips. It would be audible because of the silence, causing more trouble and humiliation.

Unable to escape, she took a deep breath and straightened her spine. Her eyes opened along the way. She flinched from the stares which included Mikael.

Oh, what a mistake she made. It truly was inappropriate before. It even violated Rules 01 and 02.

.

01 - Don't draw meaningless attention.

02 - Speak only when spoken to.

.

"I believe the both of you are already doing a wonderful job," Eve attempted, diverting the conversation back to them. This wasn't part of her job description, especially in meetings. Her only task was to listen.