CH 58: Debut to the Public

Eve left a message for Cale, informing him of her whereabouts. The staff had given her directions towards the main hall. Their eyes popped out of their sockets when they saw her. Thankfully, they quickly caught on that she was a guest—based on her appearance.

From there, things passed by without a hitch.

She found a hallway that led to the ballroom where she waited for Cale. From what she knew, Luna had a designated room for the rainbow models. She advised them to stay there before the presentation. Eve actually didn't understand the need for this. They wouldn't even carry any bag.

It would just be them, walking into the scene.

She stayed close to the wall and bent forward. Her head peeked out of the hall. She gaped at the grandeur. Did she travel back in time? Most of the interior resembled a castle's with its white and gold paint. The chandeliers reflected on the wooden floor. Bronze velvet curtains hung over tall windows, blocking most of the sunset.

Eve estimated the number of people. There were probably hundreds. It wouldn't surprise her if it turned out to be a thousand. Among them, one person cut through the crowd. Swift footsteps broke away from the party.

They headed for where she stood.

"Eve!" Cale scolded as soon as he saw her. He put his hands on his hips and marched in her direction. "There you are! You almost gave us a heart attack when Ambryan came by himself. We thought he left you behind or you had a fight. Next time, inform us right away."

"I'm sorry, Cale. It was actually last minute," Eve apologized. His tone was scarier than the time they shopped for a dress. At this, she rethought about her plan. She really should have notified them/

"Okay, fine," her modelling manager huffed. He grabbed her wrist, keeping a tight hold. Who knew when she'd do another stunt? "Come on, let's do some touch ups."

Cale took her back down the hall and up a hidden staircase. It led to the upper floor for the indoor balcony which had a grand staircase. Behind the archway, several rooms occupied the corridor. Only one had its door open with bright lights inside.

The rest of the models already came before Eve. They all sat in their designated chairs, talking and refilling their make-up looks. Each one sported the same style as her—matching dress, wig and lips—but in different colors until they completed a rainbow.

The diversity impressed her. No one in this room had been picked at random. All of them rocked and slayed the color they got. If it weren't for this campaign, she wouldn't have known how mermaid blue looked beautiful on a deep skin tone. Or how olive green complimented medium tan complexion.

Each model represented a shade range.

"Alright, I heard about what you said from Avery," Cale spoke, gesturing Eve to a chair. She faced the vanity mirror and noticed the shine from her oily face. He grinned. "So let's light you up like a fire for your debut."

From outside, Athon commercials and logos played on LED screens on either side of the balcony. It displayed their awards, milestones and iconic moments. Some behind the scenes footage peeked out for a tease.

Avery stood in the middle of the floor. She had looped her arms around her son's. They had been joined by the hip since they entered the ballroom. She figured he'd run off to talk about work with other businessmen—something she frowned upon during these events.

Her presence also helped ward off most women. If not, her mouth would do the job.

Ambryan simply accompanied her. He spoke whenever he was addressed. With red wine in hand, he had little to complain about. He'd be able to survive the night with it alone.