Chapter 83-- New Year's Eve NYC part 1

Chapter 83-New Year's Eve NYC part 1

*Adult Content

December 31, 2014

10am

Jenna's POV

Our trip back to NYC was long but uneventful. We arrived home late last night and immediately went to bed. Even though we slept quite a bit on the flights, we're still trying to correct our inner clock. Norm has a lot more experience at this jet lag thing than I do. I arrived back at JFK completely exhausted.

Tonight is New Year's Eve and Norman has his annual party at a rented Penthouse overlooking Times Square. This is something he's treated himself to the last three years. Before this he would just go down to Times Square like everyone else, but since The Walking Dead became so popular, he found it easier to have his own party. He rents a penthouse on the 26 floor with a terrace overlooking the Ball drop, invites his friends, has the food catered and usually hires a DJ. This year he's decided to have all his musician friends bring their instruments and just have a jam session. I'm actually excited by this and can't wait to rock out a little.

We have lots of friends arriving from LA: Maeve & Flanery, Sean Clark, Troy Duffy & his band, along with Slash and Greg Nicotero. Several of our co-workers are coming too. It feels like months since I've seen Emily or Michael Rooker. Steven Yeun and David Della Rocco are supposed to be here too. I can't wait to see who else is coming to the party.

I wake up, realizing I'm alone in the big bed. I stretch and look over at the sunlight pouring in the window. I groan and pull the pillow over my face. I know I need to get up but my bed is just too damn comfortable. I can smell Norman's cologne all over the sheets and pillows and I sigh, that man smells so damn good. I toss the pillow onto the bed and sit up. I push my crazy red curls out of my face and stretch one more time. I get up and grab the clothes off the chair, pulling on the black yoga pants and tank top, forgoing a bra. The kids aren't due back from Helena's until noon, so for now it's just me and Norm. I stumble out of the bedroom and walk upstairs to find the much needed coffee pot. As I walk into the upper level of the apartment I can smell the coffee. Norm's sitting on the couch with his laptop and I give him a weak smile as I walk past, making a beeline for the coffee pot. This is one of those mornings that nothing better get in my way of my coffee. I pour a cup, quickly adding the creamer and sugar, then turn around and lean on the counter as I take my first, much needed sip. Norman is watching me from the living room, a smirk plastered on his face as he watches me with my coffee. I take a couple more sips, without saying a word to him.

Finally I look up at him and flash him a small smile, "Good morning." He chuckles, "Good morning to you too, princess." I groan and take another sip before grumbling, "Jet lag sucks balls." He busts out laughing at me, "You have such a way with words darling." I give him a little grin and walk into the living room, plopping my ass on the sofa next to him. He puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close, giving me a kiss on my cheek, "You are so adorable, Jenna." I growl a little and snuggle against him, "I just need more coffee in my system and I'll be nicer, I promise." He ruffles my hair and laughs, "Drink as much as you want sweetheart. There are muffins on the counter." I raise an eyebrow at him, "You went to the bakery?" He nods, "Yeah, a couple of hours ago. We were out of creamer and I knew you'd need it for your coffee." I kiss his cheek and sigh, "You are so utterly perfect Reedus." He chuckles, "I'm glad you think so."

I finish my coffee and reach out to set the cup on the table when he takes it from me and walks into the kitchen for a refill. He brings me the fresh cup, I smile up at him and murmur, "Yup, absolutely perfect." He sits down next to me and just smiles as he plays with one of my wayward curls. I look over at him, taking in the man sitting next to me in dark jeans and a Sonic Youth tee. He sticks his tongue out at me when he finds me staring at him. I giggle, "Sorry for staring. I'm awake enough to focus on the fine piece of Man Candy next to me." He rolls his eyes and blushes a little; making me groan, "Norm you have no idea how sexy you are when you blush, do you?" I set my coffee down on the table and look over at him. He leans in to kiss me as he softly says, "Sexy enough to get you naked on my sofa?" I mumble between his kisses, "Sexy enough to get me naked just about anywhere."