Chapter 72--The Proposal

Chapter 72—The Proposal

**This is the Chapter I’ve wanted to write for almost 6 months.  I hope it comes out as good as I imagined it!  Let me know what you think Angels!  ****Oh I picked winners to add to my story (Remember when I had you all tell me where you were from?).  They are in this chapter!

Since Thanksgiving things have been moving right along.  Norman has had a few photo shoots and interviews but other than that we’ve mostly just spent time with the kids, having a great time.  Norm has shown us all the sights here in NYC.  We’ve done Central Park, the Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty, The Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, and just about everything else.  Norman and I walk around his neighborhood quite often, just spending time with each other.  There are plenty of fans who recognize him and I’m getting used to them knowing who I am too.  I’ve actually been recognized a couple of times for singing with Slash and the band.  It’s a little strange but I kind of like it. 

I’ve done a bit of Christmas shopping for the kids but I still have to figure out what to get Norman.  What the hell do you get the man that has just about everything?  I can’t afford to get him something cool like a motorcycle or car.  This will be the hardest gift I’ve ever had to get someone!  I have a little time to figure it out, but I can’t take too long.

Norman and I are going out tonight for a date.  He suggested I dress warm enough to walk around the city.  He won’t tell me what he has planned though, he insists on it being a surprise. 

Friday December 5, 2014 2pm

I’m standing in the walk-in closet staring at my clothes.  Norm was nice enough to clear a space in the closet so I could hang my stuff.  I don’t have much but I can’t just leave it in my carry-on.  I finally decide I’ll wear my black skinny jeans, a black silk racer back tank top with lots of sequin embellishments, and my black leather knee high stiletto boots.  I zip the quilted winter liner into my black leather biker jacket and find my fur lined matching leather gloves.  I should be warm enough tonight even if we wander around the city.  I have a few hours before I need to get ready.

I walk back into the bedroom and lie on the bed, staring at the ceiling enjoying the warm sun coming through the window.  Norman should be back in a couple of hours, he had a few things to do.  He wasn’t too forthcoming on where he was going and I wasn’t going to pry, especially this time of year.  We all have Christmas shopping to do and eventually I’ll have to shop for his gifts.  I may take Helena along for that, she knows what he likes.  I lie here listening to the music on my Ipod play softly and slowly drift off to sleep.

Norman’s POV

I let myself in and quietly walk to my room.  I’m not sure where Jenna is but I can hear the kids upstairs laughing.  I walk into my bedroom and see her asleep on my bed, lying in the sunbeam that’s coming in the window.  Her red hair is sprawled out across the comforter; her red curls almost glowing in the sunlight.  I quietly walk to the bed, careful not to wake her.  She looks so peaceful sleeping and I can’t help but smile while I watch her sleep.  She’s the most perfect woman I’ve ever met and I can’t imagine not being with her.  I listen to the country song playing and realize it explains things perfectly.

I remember trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mesmerized
And 3 weeks later in the front porch light taking 45 min to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet but I thought I loved you then

Chorus
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.