Chapter 59--The Results

Chapter 59—The Results

Tuesday August 5, 2014

Jenna’s POV

The last few days have been relaxing yet busy.  Norman made sure that the BBQ on Saturday went well.  Sean and he did all the grilling and hosting.  Maeve and the kids cleaned the house and helped with the food.  I did exactly as I promised; relaxed and looked pretty.  I was still wearing Norman’s button down shirts but at least I was able to shower and leave my hair down (thanks to Norman who combed it all out).  Everyone came to visit and I mean everyone!  My co-workers: Steven, Andy, Josh, Lauren, Nick, Eulyn, Chandler, Melissa, Emily, Danai and even Robert Kirkman.  I was surprised because not only did Slash fly in to see me but so did Michael Rooker, Jon Bernthal, and Sean Clark.  I was glad to see everyone and so was Maeve, Lynda and my kids.  It was a long but great day.

During the BBQ Cira got to talk to Greg about special effects and what he does besides the Walking Dead.  I’ve mentioned to Greg before about Cira’s artwork and some of the special effects stuff she’s done in the past.  Greg managed to get Cira to show him what she’s don, including the Zombie sculpture she did for an art show last Fall.  Greg was impressed enough to ask her to come to the Studio a couple days a week and work as his intern for the rest of the summer.  In return for her work he would show her some techniques and write her a recommendation letter for getting into Art School next year.  She was so excited I thought she was going to faint.

Saul flew back out on Sunday but it was great to see him.  I know he canceled a show with Aerosmith just to come down to see me, but he won’t admit it.  He’s still a little worried about my biopsy results that will be back today, but hopefully the long talk he had with Norman has calmed him down a bit.  Norman and Sean took him back to the airport, insisting that I should still be in bed.  I promised Saul I would let him know the results of my biopsy as soon as I was done my appointment.  He worries about me too much sometimes.

Flanery and Maeve have been getting close.  He really seems to like her and I know she’s crazy about him. They’ve been spending their nights together at Norman’s place. Judging by the hickey on her neck, I doubt they’re just talking. He flies out late tonight and Maeve’s going to the airport with Norman to see him off.  She won’t be back in Los Angeles for another week, but Sean asked to pick her up at LAX when she flies in and take her to dinner.  Sean’s already making plans to show her around LA since she’s been there 6 months and hasn’t been anywhere.  I hope the two of them end up in a relationship; they’re great for each other.

Lynda and Mingus have been stuck to each other like glue.  Norman walked in on them making out.  The poor man was beside himself.  He tried not to make a big deal of it and excused himself from the room.  He came to my room a little freaked out.  I thought from the look on his face that he caught them having sex, but it was just the two of them lying on Cira’s bed kissing, fully clothed.  I tried my best to control my laughter as he told me but I didn’t do a great job.  It was the first time he’s ever seen Ming kiss a girl and well, as parent it can be a bit of a nerve wracking experience to say the least.  Realizing the baby you raised is now old enough to do some of the things you do with your own girlfriend can make you feel a little old.  I did my best to put it all into perspective for Norman.  I even explained I’ve already been through this with Cira about a year ago.  I suggested he sit them both down and set a couple of rules.  The main rules being no closed bedroom doors and no sneaking off to be alone.  I also suggested that he have “The Talk” with Mingus if he hadn’t already.  Not just the sex and baby talk, but also the respecting girls talk.  Thank God Norm only has a son, I could imagine how freaked out he would have been if it would have been his daughter he walked in on.