Chapter 33--Sushi & New Friends

Chapter 33—Sushi & New Friends

The three of us walk into the restaurant and we are shown to a big hibachi table in the back.  I look around the table and see Steven, Melissa, Lauren, Eulyn, Greg, Josh, Andy, and Jon Bernthal.  Norman pulls out the chair for me and I sit down.

Michael Rooker is sitting on my right, Norman on my left.  Norman makes the introductions, “Michael this is Jenna, my girlfriend.”  I smile and shake Michael’s hand.  “Nice to meet ya, pretty lady,” he says in his smooth Alabama drawl.  “Nice to meet you too Michael” I reply.  “Your accent makes me homesick.”  He smiles, “You don’t sound like you’re from ‘Bama.”  I laugh, “I was born in my Mama’s hometown of Addison, but raised up in New Jersey.  I used to spend a lot of summers in Addison.”  He grins, “Well Damn gurl!  I’m from Jasper about 45 minutes south of Addison.  What did you spend your summers doing in a small town like Addison?”  I lean back in the chair and answer, “Well, mostly I fished and hunted with my Mama’s family.”  Norman cuts in, “That would explain the gun case, and bows in your living room.”  I smile at Norman, “Aww you noticed.”  Norman laughs, “A 60 inch Recurve bow is pretty easy to notice.”  Michael is laughing at the two of us.  He leans in, “So what do you hunt Sugar?”  I laugh, “Well when I’m in Alabama usually Wild Boar, back home in Jersey it was Deer and Turkey.”  He lightly slaps my shoulder, “Well hell I think I like you already!  In fact if you like country music, I just might have to steal ya from Norm and run away with ya.”  I laugh and before I can answer, Norman cuts in, “I don’t think so Rooker, she’s all mine.”  I laugh, “Well Michael, if you can 2-step I may have to take you up on your offer.”  Michael howls in delight, “Well gurlie, sounds like you and I may have to go dancing in the future.”  Norman rolls his eyes and we laugh at him.  I kiss Norm’s cheek, “Don’t worry honey, I only have eyes for you.”  He puts his arm around me and kisses my temple, “I know you do.”

Norman also introduces me to Jon, who is very sweet and soon everyone at the table is laughing and talking.  I am pretty surprised at how friendly and open everyone from TWD is, I guess I expected them to be more aloof because they are all “famous.”  I was completely wrong in my assumptions, they are all down to earth normal people, just like Norm.  They all made me feel very welcome.

The rest of the evening is full of good conversation, great food, and lots of laughs.  We head back to the hotel after dinner.  Norman and I are exhausted, it’s been a long day.  We get into bed and I cuddle up to Norm.  He puts his arm around me and sighs into my hair, “I’m so glad you made it here tonight, I wasn’t looking forward to sleeping alone.”  I pull his hand to my mouth and kiss the back of it, “Me either.  You do realize that I can’t go with you every time you have to do thi. You will have to be without me sometimes.”  He whines, “I don’t even want to think about it.  I sleep so much better with you here.”  I softly laugh, “You’re a big boy Norm.  You’ll survive without me, I’m sure.  I do like the idea of you missing me though, it makes me feel special.”  He hugs me and whispers, “You are special and I plan to prove it to you all the time.”  I lace my fingers in his and give them a squeeze, “You do babe, every time you look at me.”  He kisses my temple, “Good. Don’t you forget it.”  I giggle, “I won’t.  Get some sleep Norm, tomorrow is going to be a long day.  I love you.”    He yawns and quietly says, “I love you too. Goodnight darling.”  I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.