Chapter 71--Thanksgiving

Chapter 71—Thanksgiving

November 27, 2014   7am

I've been up over two hours, busy in the kitchen.  There are already 2 Pumpkin pies in the oven and I've just finished assembling a Chocolate Mousse pie that should make Norman very happy.  The turkey is in the fridge waiting for me to finish the stuffing.  I spread out the ingredients and start chopping the celery and giblets.  I look down and notice Eye In The Dark is weaving in and out of my legs, begging for giblets.  I gather some extra Turkey liver and put it on a small dish.  I bend down and offer the dish, "Hey Eye want a Thanksgiving treat?"  He purrs as he brushes against me and heads to the dish.  I give him a pet and walk to the sink to wash my hands.  My Ipod is playing and I sing softly as I soap up my dirty hands.

I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around me and a scruffy cheek brush across mine.  "Good morning sweetheart," he softly says in his sexy raspy morning voice.  I smile and lean into him replying, "Morning Mr. Reedus."  He chuckles as he kisses my cheek and tightens his embrace, "busy in the kitchen I see."  I softly laugh, "Well we won't eat otherwise, silly; you're up early."  He nibbles on my earlobe and whispers, "Too hard to sleep without you babe." 

I reach for the dish towel to dry my hands and turn to face him.  He kisses my lips soundly before I can answer.  His kiss is sweet and playful, making butterflies in my stomach.  I wrap my arms around his waist and nip at his bottom lip, making him kiss me deeper.  Soon our kisses take a more demanding turn and he pulls me hard against his hips, making me ache.  The soft little whimpers I hear turn out to be me and he chuckles softly against my mouth as he finishes kissing me.  I look into his blue eyes and he sighs, "I need to stop or we'll never eat today."  I nod and my voice comes out soft and shaky, "Yup.  How you manage to do that to me every time, I'll never understand."  He smiles admitting, "You do it to me too, Jenna."  I kiss his cheek and whisper, "Good,  don't you ever forget it either."  He grins, "Like I could ever forget your kisses, woman."

Eye is now weaving in between both our legs and we look down at him.  He says, "I see Eye convinced you to share the giblets."  I nod, "Yeah he usually gets his way, just like his owner."  Norman steps back, letting me get back to work.  I motion to the counter, "There are cinnamon rolls and coffee, if you're hungry."  He nods, "You've been busy.  Pies in the oven, breakfast already made and already halfway through the stuffing."  I shrug, "It's easy, too much practice.  I've been doing this for years."  He gets himself a cup of coffee and grabs a cinnamon roll, taking a seat at the kitchen island.  I finish cutting the celery and start chopping onions, Norman watching me work. 

I look up at him as I mix all the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl and he asks, "Are you going to be in the kitchen all day?"  I smile, "Only if you want to eat.  Why?"  He takes a sip of his coffee and replies, "I was thinking of taking everyone down to the Macy's parade."  I nod and sigh, "I really need to be here, but you can all go without me."  He pouts a little, "I really wanted you to be there too."  I look around at the kitchen and shake my head, "I have so much to do Norm.  The turkey can't baste itself."  He nods and mumbles, "Next year, we're eating out and you're going with us to the parade."  I raise an eyebrow at him and sass, "You think so?  We'll see if you still want restaurant food after you have my turkey later."  He chuckles, "I'll suffer through someone else's cooking if it means I get to spend more time with the woman I love."  I look into his eyes and smile, "I know you will, but cooking this meal is something I enjoy doing.  You will just have to learn to accept that."  He gets up off the chair and walks around the island to hug me, burying his face in my neck as he murmurs, "I'll accept it, but I don't have to like it."  I groan as I lean into him, "You're such a brat Norm."  He laughs and smacks my ass as he releases me, "Yup, I really am."  I shake my head at him smiling and go back to assembling the stuffing.  He watches me work and I look over at him asking, "Can you get the turkey from the fridge so I can stuff it?"  He opens the fridge and I hear him, "What's this delicious looking thing in here?"  I look over my shoulder and answer, "It's a Chocolate Mousse Pie.  Keep your fingers out of it, Reedus!"  I hear him laugh as he gets me the turkey.