Chapter 17--Now What?

Chapter 17---Now What?

Norm and I lie in the bed for a while, not saying anything, just snuggling and enjoying the quiet.  I glance over at the very naked Norman next to me, my gaze traveling downward.  Holy crap is he hot!  Just looking at him laying here is enough to get me turned on.  It’s getting hot in here I swear.  I stretch my limbs wincing when the muscles in my hip stretch.  Norman notices and sighs, “You really shouldn’t rush the healing process.  Take things slow OK?”  I wrinkle my nose, “But I have so much to do and I don’t like to sit still.”  He kisses my temple, “I get that I really do, but just take it easy a bit longer.  I’ll be glad to help you with whatever you need to get done.”  I sigh and nod.  I don’t see the point of arguing, I don’t think I’ll win.

Norman looks at me and says, “I need a smoke, are you coming?”  I can’t help but be a smart-ass, “Not yet, but I’m sure you can get me there.”  He gives me a sexy grin, “I’m sure I can.  You want some more darling?”  I look him in the eyes, “Always.”  He smirks, “Soon honey, I promise.  I just need something to drink and a cigarette and then I’m all yours.”  He gets up and throws on his jeans not bothering to button them or put on a shirt.  I scoot to the end of the bed and he throws me his t-shirt.  I pull it on and stand up.  The shirt is a little big on me (except for the chest) and almost covers my butt.  I decide to go without my panties, they’re somewhere on the floor anyway.  I go to take a step and Norman scoops me up and carries me to the living room.  “You don’t have to carry me everywhere you know,” I say.  He just laughs, “I know, but I like you in my arms.”  I just smile and enjoy the moment.

We sit on the front porch and smoke.  I pulled my chair closer to the railing and prop my feet up on top rail.  Norman is sitting in the chair to my right and grabs my hand to hold it.  He runs his thumb over the back of my hand sending chills up my arm.  It amazes me that his touch does this to me every time.  I let out a little sigh and he smiles over at me. 

It’s late in the afternoon now and it’s cooling down a bit.  It may be May but in Georgia it’s already humid and pretty warm.  My mind wanders to the events earlier and I smile.  Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would have met Norman much less ended up with him in my bed.  I feel like this is a dream and I will wake up at any moment.  I look over at the man sitting next to me, he’s staring at the tree line across the driveway. I watch him take a drag off his cigarette and slowly exhale.  Damn he can make anything look sexy.  I’ve always thought he was a good looking man, but actually looking him in person makes me realize that he is even more handsome than he is in photographs or on film.  Maybe it’s because of how he moves or the hand gestures he makes, I’m not sure.  He is honestly one of the hottest looking men I’ve laid eyes on.  He looks over at me and catches me staring, I blush a little and shift my eyes off the front porch.  He grins like a little kid and gives my hand a squeeze, “Whatcha’ thinking about, sweetheart?”  I look over at him and say, “Not much, just taking in the handsome guy next to me and trying to figure out how I got so lucky.” 

He stands up, chucks his cigarette butt in the ash can and turns to me.  He pulls me up out of the chair and into his arms.  Norm buries his face in my neck and hair and I feel his voice softly against my neck, “And here I’ve been trying to figure out how I managed to get you.”  I softly chuckle my reply, “I guess we both got lucky.”  He kisses my neck through the hair, “Yes we did, but I think I got the better deal.”  I smile, “Oh you think so do you?”  Norman pulls back and looks me in the eyes, “Yup, crazy redhead and all.” He kisses my forehead and leads me back into the house.