Chapter 43--New Ink

Chapter 43—New Ink

I grab a simple black halter dress out of my closet and zip it into a garment bag.  It’s short, about mid-thigh, and fitted around my body but the bottom is flowy.  I don’t want anything too tight after my tattoo work.  I grab a pair of black peep-toe stilettos and a small black clutch, tossing them in my messenger bag along with a bra and thong.  I put on my black string bikini and then a black sundress.  I walk to the bathroom to pull my hair up in a messy bun and grab my brush.  I put my make-up bag in with my stuff, just in case. 

I head back into the living room with my stuff and set it on the back of the sofa.  Slash is on the porch so I go join him.  I pull out a smoke and light up, “Enjoying the quiet, Saul?”  He leans back in the chair and stretches, “Yup, it’s nice.  Norman went to his place to get clothes and feed the cat.”  I nod and take another drag.  Slash gets up out of the chair and joins me at the railing.  Lighting his cigarette he looks at me, “So you really like him don’t you?”  I softly answer, “I love him.”  He grins, “Good.  He’s a great guy and he sure as hell loves you.  I’m glad you’re happy because you both deserve it.”  I reach out and pull him in for a hug, “Thanks.  I know you’ve always looked out for me, so it means a lot that you approve.”  He squeezes me tight, “Anytime Jen.  Too bad I wasn’t around to keep you from your Ex.”  I groan, “Ugg, you know about that?”  He lets go of me and looks me in the eye, “Yeah, Norman told me.  It was before I realized it was you.  He was venting his frustrations.  He’s really worried about you having to see that prick again.  He’s not the only one either.”  I sigh, “I know.  I totally understand too.  I don’t want to deal with Andrew at all.  I may have too though because I want full custody of my kids.  I still have to talk to Norman about this though.  I’m not sure how he will feel about my kids being with me full time.”  Slash pats me on the back, “He loves those kids, you will be fine Jenna, trust me.”  We finish smoking and just as we get ready to go in the house Norman’s Jeep pulls into my driveway. 

He parks and strolls up on my porch looking at me.  I stick out my tongue and he shakes his head, “You’re so goofy.  I see you pulled your hair up.”  I see the pouty look on his face and tease, “Get over it Reedus.  You can’t always play with my hair.”  He walks over to me, reaching for my hand and pulling me close, “I like my hands in your hair.  Is something wrong with that darling?”  I purr, “Nothing wrong with that at all, darling.”  He kisses me, biting on my bottom lip before plunging his tongue into my mouth.  Our tongues dancing in each other’s mouths, Norman’s tongue proving his dominance over mine.  I meld against his body wanting nothing more than to stay in his arms forever.  When the kiss ends he whispers in my ear, “I love you, sweetheart.”  My voice has escaped me again, thanks to his kiss.  I just smile at him and run my fingers over my kiss swollen lips.  Norman watches me and gives me his famous smirk.  He knows exactly what that kiss did to me and he’s proud as hell.

I leave Cira and Mingus in charge.  They insist everything will be fine, so we get ready to leave.  Slash gets into the back of the Jeep and Norman opens the passenger’s door for me.  I hand him my garment bag and get into the Jeep.  He closes the door and goes around to the driver’s side to put our stuff in the car and get in.  The drive into Atlanta is full of laughter and stories.  I’m sure Norm knows more about my past then he ever wanted to know.  Slash’s hotel is only a few blocks from Mac’s tattoo studio, so he decides to join us. 

We pull up to the tattoo studio and go in.  It’s about 2pm so I may have to wait because I’m early.  There’s a young guy at the front desk and I give him my name.  He tells me to have a seat and he’ll get Mac.  After a few minutes Mac comes out, “Hi Jenna.  It’s good to see you.”  I stand up and shake his hand, “Hi Mac.  Thanks so much for letting me move my appointment.”  He nods, “It’s not a problem, we have a quiet day today.”  I gesture to Norm and Slash, “Mac this is my boyfriend Norman and my best friend Slash.  Guys this is Mac.”  The boys shake Mac’s hand and greet him.  Mac says, “My room is in the far back so we won’t have an audience.  I want you all to feel relaxed and at home here.  I’ll personally be doing Jenna’s tattoo work.  So why don’t we go in the back and look at some of the script styles I’ve been thinking about.”  We follow Mac down the hallway and to the last door on the right.  His space is large and comfortable.  There’s the large tattoo table in the middle of the workspace and a couple of sofas against the wall.  The pictures and art work on the walls is amazing, he is definitely talented.  I sit on the tattoo table and the guys get comfortable on a sofa.  Mac grabs some papers off his drafting table and shows me the script.  We decide on a script style and Mac verifies the prayer with me.